"Okay Cara, enough about the penis jokes" Rose told her seriously but failed on keeping it that way as a light chuckle escaped her mouth.

"I ain't sorry about it."

The atmosphere that sat in-between them had gradually turned serious again. Without even realizing it, Rose's face was narrowed as she spoke hesitantly, wanting to blurt out her thoughts. "There's a darkness in him. I can't seem to exactly pinpoint what it is."

"How do you know that?" intrigued, her best friend asked.

"I see it, every time I stare into his eyes" goosebumps crawled into Rose's skin, once the sentence flew out of her mouth. 

She proceeded on pursuing her lips, rubbing her eyebrow frustratedly. "I'm really appreciating his efforts so far. I've witnessed so many sides of him—good ones"

"You're contradicting yourself Rose"

"How?" she shot her head into Cara's, her tone coming out fully defensive. Cara sighed deeply, playing with the hem of her crop top "You're say there's a darkness within him, then say you're witnessing a good side of him when you're around him."

"Exactly!" Rose exclaimed, getting frustrated even more. "It's always mixed—confusing"

"Is it worth a try though?" Cara questioned, testing her out.

"Yes" Rose mumbled. "I want this with him. I really like him" she admitted shyly, feeling flames caress her cheeks.

A soft smile was repainted across her lips as his image clouded her imagination making the speed limit slightly increase due to her longing to arrive and see him again.

Cara smiled lovingly. "You know, Ethan once told me how Grayson always brings you into the topic of conversation. He's always mentioning you."

Rose's gaze broke off the road for split seconds, feeling warmth at the news delivered to her. It's a good sign...right?

"Ethan told you that?" she cooed, not helping but feel her day brighten a little more. Cara nodded, escaping a soft laugh "yeah, I guess he really like you too."

The engine came to a stop once the car got parked outside the marina

The engine came to a stop once the car got parked outside the marina. The peaceful water greeted both of their vision along with Grayson's tall figure engaging in a conversation.

"Come on." Rose slammed the car door shut, glancing over Cara. "Oh by the way."

Cara's footsteps fixed in place as she glanced back, displaying a questionable look. "Your outfit is really impressive" Rose answered her previous wonder with a slight grin.