Chapter 5 : I'm Going Out Of My Mind

Start from the beginning

          “Can you call her?” he whispered. I nodded and whipped out my phone, calling the number.

          “Mrs. Sarah Harry Styles, at your service!” she said, her voice drowsy and slurred like she just woke up. I smirked at her greeting.

          “I’m sure Harry would love to hear that.”

          “I’m sure he would,” she teased. “Vas happenin Zayn?”

          “Why does everybody copy me?” I groaned.

          “Because we can. Now what is it?” My mood fell a bit, and I frowned at Liam.

          “You hear what happened to Tiffany after the show?”

          “Something happened to Tiffany?! WHAT?! IS SHE OK!?” I winced and pulled the phone away from my ear. Dang, Tiffany was right. This girl can yell.

          “She’s fine, sort of,” I said grimacing.

          “Explain right now Malik, or I’ll be grilling your balls for my dog’s lunch.” I winced at that mental image.

          “That’s just weird.”

          “I’m a weird person.”

          “True.” She gave a small chuckle. “Anyway, Tiffany got beat up by someone after the show, and she got amnesia. We just want you here as a friend, to maybe help her remember? And to also explain why Tiffany is acting so strange.”

          “She’s always been strange.”

          “Again, true,” I chuckled. “But this is different.” There was a moment of silence.

          “Ok, I’ll come over after I get my beauty rest.” I rolled my eyes.

          “You can sleep tonight. We kind of need you now.”

          “Dude, it’s freaking one in the morning. Be glad you’re part of One Direction, otherwise I would’ve killed you.” It was one? In the morning? Bloody hell. I thought it was morning...I probably should’ve noticed how dark everything was. Wait, would management still be awake now?

          “Ok, then can you come at….maybe nine?”

          “Twelve. I need my rest!”

          “Nine.”

          “Twelve!”

          “I’ll give you a signed autograph from all of us.”

          “Deal.” I laughed at her immediate answer. “See you in 8 hours Malik!”

          “See ya Sarah!” I clicked the phone off and put it in my pocket.

          “She coming?” Louis asked from behind me. I jolted, forgetting they were back there.

          “Yup, at nine. Be best so we know what to expect for the next week, you know.” I could hear their murmurs of agreement in the back, and we fell into an only slightly uncomfortable silence.

          Paul came to a stop outside a small 24-hour café.

          “Boys, we’re here.” I shook Liam gently, waking him from his doze. He slowly got out of the car, and I followed. We nervously walked inside the dimly-lit café. It was completely empty, save for a girl behind the counter, Simon, and management, all sitting at a booth. Simon waved at us, but head management just gave us stony looks. I mentally sneered at them. They definitely weren’t at the top of my favorites list.