'How's that working out for you?' I asked, placing my chin onto his shoulder.

'It was going great.' He laughed, the beautiful sound dampening into the air. 'Until I ran out of stars.'

I breathed out, shocked with the sudden compliment.

'I know, I'm a nice guy.' He smiled, looking up at the sky once again.

I smiled into the ground, sudden tiredness taking over.

'Good night.' I whispered, laying my hand down across his muscular chest.

'Sleep.' He whispered. 'Sounds nice. Helps me forget everything for a while.'

'Don't say that.' I said, my eyes already closed.

'Night, beautiful.'

-

'Luke?' I asked sitting up. My vision scrambled for a second and my mind fizzed up because of the sudden awakening. Focusing, I looked around me. Luke wasn't anywhere to be seen.

The bright moon stared at me, indicating that it was still night time.

Shivering, I squinted and looked around, my heart pounding in my ears. The silhouette I saw into the distance couldn't have been anyone else.

Slowly, I made my way across the grass, trying to ignore any sharp stones that had dug into the back of my foot. Luke was sitting down, his back towards me and his head hanging low. I could tell that he was crying because of his shaking figure.

Not caring if I was being quiet or not anymore, I ran the rest of the way, my eyes already tearing up.

'Luke?' I asked, slowing down as I reached him.

I peered over his shoulder to see what he was doing.

The breath caught in my throat.

I struggled for breath.

All I could see was the red, thick, hot blood dripping from his left wrist.

And the small rock in his right hand.

'What are you-? Luke...I.' I stammered, my knees suddenly turning to jelly. My eyes instantly welled up with tears and all I could see was a deep red.

'I'm sorry.' He said simply, dropping the stone to the ground.

'No.' I whispered, pushing my hair out of my eyes. 'No no no no.' I said, pacing back and forth. My heart started beating loudly in my ears and my palms started sweating. Seeing someone you love self- harm themselves hurt a lot, right in the heart.

All I could do was plunk myself onto the grass and start crying. And it was the worst type of crying. The type when your lips start to shake and tears build and quickly and fall fast. I was so numb but yet so much in pain that I had to crouch over and try to told it in as well as possible because I could only imagine what Luke was feeling if I was like this. I let out a yelp and a cry and suddenly the loss of breath came. I was a mess.

Strong arms hugged me tight, but the pain burst through and I shrugged him off.

'Why are you crying?' He asked, gritting his teeth with the pain from his wrist.

'Because it hurts.' I sobbed, wetting my hands with my salty tears.

'What hurts?'

'Seeing you like this. Because you don't deserve it. And that's what hurts the most.' I cried. 'You got worse each day and I didn't even know about it. Luke, I was useless.'

'I'm sorry I couldn't talk about this before.' He said, raising his voice. I watched through blurry eyes as he stood up, blood dripping slowly from his wrist and onto the green grass, the red blobs not blending in because they somehow knew they didn't belong there. 'I'm not ok, Reb. Baby I'm not. I want to die.' He said, gritting his teeth.