I headed where the drinks where located. I took an almost-froze- tea. I was so excited to drink it.

“Excuse me.” I heard the other guy on the store stopped me. “Winter’s coming, I think you should have…. This?” He handed me a coffee. 

I gave him a questioning look. 

Attracted

I almost chuckled with what I’ve discovered. He is attracted to me and he’s being nice? Or just flirting?

“Very nice of you.” I smiled at him, and he smiled back at me. “But I don’t drink coffee.” I looked around and took out the tea I was craving. 

Dumped.

I was heading to the counter.

‘He’s chasing me.’

“Well, I guess something hot will do.” My thoughts are really perfect. He chased after me and handed me a hot chocolate.

“Please, take it.” He begged. He nod when I was about to look away. I pay the tea and took his hot chocolate to stop him from bothering me.

Happiness.

He felt so happy. 

‘Idiot!’ I wanted to tell him, instead I said “Thanks for this.” And headed out. 

“Wait… what’s your name?” he asked but I was quick enough to get into my car and drive as fast as I can. 

I was already meters away from the store. The traffic light’s still red, which means stop. I walked out of the car when I saw a trashcan beside the street. I threw the hot chocolate the guy gave. I’m just disappointed I can exactly feel what other people feel. There’s no excitement anymore. 

I went back on the car, 30 seconds left before the lights turn green. With my window open, I saw a man next to my car, sitting on the driver’s seat.

I felt a current and dread inside me. A cadaverous and gaunt man looking at me, his eyes wide open, more than shocked as me. I can feel him intensified. I’m afraid he can feel mine too. I feel more curious of what is it behind him. He wasn’t even smiling at me. He’s different from other people around me. His looks, his pale skin, his bones, his….his…his eyes, I can see myself in his eyes. A gush of terror ran into my veins. A gleam of light suddenly interrupted those speaking stares I shared with the man. 

The lights turned green. I drive the fastest as I can. I looked every now and then to the rearview mirror, checking if the man’s following me. I felt so scared. There’s something in him I cannot explain. 

Could he be a Wirth too?

I felt more intensified of the thought I had. I felt this aching thing in my chest that causes me so hard to breathe. 

‘He’s strong.’ I whispered. I can’t see any cars following me. I still drive furiously. 

‘He might follow me.’ I panic.

No one’s following me. I’m the only one invading the entire street so I know nobody’s following me. 

I reached home, located on a very private place, town next to Bewilder.

I called my mom immediately, and anxiously. 

“Hey.. It’s early in the morning. What happened honey?” I can hear her sounding so tired. I woke her up.

“Mom..” my voice were shaking. I don’t know how to start. 

“What is it?” she asked impatiently, still sounding weak.

“Mom! Wake up!”

“I am awake, honey. Why? What is it?” 

“I saw a man, and I think he’s a Wirth!” I screamed. I felt teardrops in my eyes unknowingly falling. I can’t feel any remorse in me but I can feel the horrible feeling of like, being chased.

“W-what?” I can hear her fully awake now. Her soul probably jumped out of her body with what I just said. “What…How does the man look like?”

“He’s just skin and bones, really pale white looking, and ….and his eyes were like about to go out, I don’t know. Uhmm… I mean… maybe out of shock. I don’t know.”

“God Damn it! Honey, you have to get out of that place now!”

“W-wait… but…” I stuttered. “Maybe I was just over reacting. Or maybe he’s not a Wirth. I don’t know. I’m not sure.” I answered her in a low voice, trying to calm but honestly, I was really scared.

“Honey, you are not in the position to be unsure. Everything you feel, it’s already there, they’re all real. You are a Wirth and not a human, you can’t be confused. How can there be a Wirth in that place? Oh god!” I can hear her feeling really worried. 

“Mom. I am a Wirth. I promised I’ll leave this place after graduation. I still have 3 months left and besides, that Wirth can’t find me anymore. I can protect myself. I’m a Wirth, remember?” I tried to let her calm.

I heard her let out a deep sigh.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be okay.”

“Okay. After three months, you need to leave. Fly wherever you want to go, but stay away from there. Live a life without a single Wirth around you. You get it? I want you to be safe, and far from those creatures.”

“I will mom. Don’t worry. Now, go back to sleep.”

“Wait. Who was that guy again you infected?”

I remembered ‘that guy I infected’.

“Jack Bauer?” 

“Yes, that Jack Bauer. Protect him as long as you can. He is your neophyte. He is your responsibility. Protect him especially now that you’ve seen a Wirth around Bewilder.”

“Uh—okay!” I answered. I put down the phone and wondered what happened to Bauer. Was he really infected? 

I’ll send him an invitation for the party tomorrow morning. I can’t go to his house; he’ll probably be shocked when I go there again. Maybe, I’ll just send a mail.

What happened in the street bothers me a lot.

Could it be real that another Wirth’s just around?

Is he a good Wirth or a Nemesis?

What will happen if I see him again? What would I do?

Will he kill me like what they did to my father?