Chapter 41: A Broken Relationship

Start from the beginning

"You're my daughter, I want to get to know you," should that matter? It should I knew that deep down but something else was pulling me away from believing it to be true. I looked back at Hayden and he saw the communication in my eyes so shook his head "Don't go," I sighed heavily at him as I pulled away from him because I knew what my heart wanted, I knew what I wanted and I knew that I probably wouldn't get another chance like this. It was my turn to let head shake at him "I'm sorry, I have to," Hayden gave me his best frown ever but it didn't mean anything I wasn't going to stop from walking away from him. "Fine," he turned around and started following me "Then I'm coming with you," at first I raised my eyebrow at him wondering what he was doing but then my eyes widened and I held him back "No, no you're not. This is for me to do; you can deal with your vendetta afterwards okay. I get it your angry at her but please let me to talk her alone...she's my mother too," I don't think he could hold back the glare he gave towards me but it didn't take effect on me I just stared neutrally towards him until he understood I needed to do this alone. A final growl was heard from him before he paid one last glance towards our mother and walked in the opposite direction; I held the book firmly against me before looking on Elyria with an emotional gaze directing my head towards the room next to us. I pushed open the doors with my back and it appeared to be bright from the reflected sun shining through the windows.

The room seemed to have not been used in years as it appeared to be slightly dusty but it had old paintings hanging across all the walls and parts of the furniture were covered with sheets but it looked as if they hadn't been touched for centuries. It wasn't my part to question why, I had other matters on my hand. I walked towards a long cornered chair. I took a seat in the corner of the chair resting my back against its frame while Elyria took a distanced seat away from me still on the long chair. "You look so grown up," I smiled a little as she spoke not really knowing what to say it was hard to react just like I thought it would be "I thought you'd look like your father growing up...I guess I was wrong," I let off a little laugh with my smile brightening even more than it did "It's funny actually cause I find I'm nothing like him..." the I paused for a moment as a clench started to feel my chest and when I looked at her I could feel the glass of tears fill my eyes "Why did you let him take him?" her head raised seeing the tears inside my eyes as she took hold of my hands; her hands were proven to be soft and gentle sending a pulse of trust through me but that's when I felt a sudden flood of emotions translate through me and I knew the water element started to take effect. Holding Elyria's hand I realised she was feeling guilt, betrayal towards me and most of all melancholy because she understood she did wrong and now was trying to fix it.

"I didn't want to, I wanted to keep you but I didn't have a choice," I cut her off before she could go any further "Everyone has a choice!" My voice rose in a demand because I wanted her to see how much I was hurting like I knew how much she is hurting "We do now Willow but we didn't back then. It was different then Willow, we were disobedient growing up and we always did things our way not the right way because we didn't care about the world we were living in and what our roles meant. When Alesandro and Yvette got together nothing went wrong, well not at first so your father and I decided to do the same but no one found out about us. Then Yvette got pregnant with Liam and things started to fall apart, Alesandro wanted his own son dead because of the gift he had but Yvette saved him before that could happen without Alesandro being aware so as far as Alesandro know his is dead. Then everything calmed down, Yvette and Xira searched for more answers because they believed otherwise. Knowing what happened with Liam, your father and I separated for the best...that's when I had Hayden." It was making sense to me so far but everything that I'm hearing has been told before to me I didn't need to hear it again, I needed to know why she gave me away. "Being separated from each other didn't work, we couldn't stand to be apart so we took the risk and met back up in secret and then you happened. People were afraid because they knew what was going to happen or what might happen, I wasn't. From the moment I knew I was pregnant the relationship between James and I ended for good, he wasn't proud of what we did but he stayed with me through it all that was until you were born.