Back At Square One

Start from the beginning

     Barry saw Henry walking across the parking lot. He sped over and started walking next to him. Henry gave him the side eye and continued walking.

     "Henry..." Barry spoke. Henry ignored him and the two continued on a sidewalk. Barry then sighed and gently took hold of Henry's arm. He bend down to level with him.

     "Look, I am sorry for lying to you. I will never ever make that mistake again. I just didn't want Jay to take you away again. He took your mother and I couldn't risk losing you too." He explained. Henry had tears in his eyes. He then hugged Barry letting one fall.

     "It's okay, dad. I just didn't want to lose you either." He responded. Barry nodded and kissed his head while hugging back.

     "C'mon, I'll take you out for some ice cream." He insisted while walking with him. Henry nodded and smiled.

                                               •

     "Caitlin, what did he do to you?" Felicity asked as Caitlin finished eating her meal.

     "He just really wanted me." She spoke. Felicity sighed.

     "It doesn't matter now, he's dead. I couldn't be happier. That sounds shitty, but if he wasn't dead right now, I..." Caitlin said tearing up. Felicity put her hand on to hers.

    "Don't think about that." She insisted. Caitlin nodded and the two shared a hug.

     "Who was that man? The one that killed him?" Caitlin questioned. Felicity shrugged.

     "Probably a villain from Earth 2, meaning we don't need to worry about him right now." She replied. Caitlin nodded and seconds later came in Barry and Henry. Caitlin stood up and walked over. Felicity stayed back.

     "Hi mom." Henry said softly before hugging her. Caitlin smiled and hugged back. Henry then ran to the computer as usual. Caitlin looked at Barry who was looking at her. Caitlin smiled knowing that Henry and Barry made up.

     "How are you holding up?" Barry asked. Caitlin walked over to him.

     "I'm okay, I just ate." She responded while tucking her hair behind her ear. Barry gave a soft smile and walked closer to her. Caitlin looked up into his eyes.

     "I'm never letting you go again." He said with assurance. Caitlin smiled and the two shared a kiss.

     Oliver then came in and looked at Felicity. He began walking over as Caitlin and Barry let him catch their attention. Felicity was cleaning up, but got disrupted when Oliver took her arm and turned her to him. She looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

     "Oliver, hey what's up-" Before she could finish, Oliver kissed her. She was surprised at first, but then smiled into the kiss. Caitlin and Barry smiled. Henry ignored everything happing for he was playing games on the computer. Cisco came in with Oliver.

     "Okay, all of you, go home and get a room! This is work!" He shouted while crossing his arms. Everyone laughed. Barry wrapped his arm around Caitlin and Caitlin rested her head on his chest.

     Mr. Jones then walked in holding Patty's hand. Everyone looked over at them. Barry squinted his eyes.

     "Scott? Patty? What are you guys doing here?" Caitlin called out.

     "Well, I actually wanted to apologize for everything." Patty answered. Caitlin looked at her and nodded slightly.

     "It's okay, Patty. You don't need to apologize." She said nicely. Barry looked at Caitlin getting angry. Oliver crossed his arms as Felicity rolled her eyes.

     "I do, I turned my back on you and almost became like Iris." Patty argued. Caitlin sighed.

    "You didn't almost turn into her, you DID turn into her." Barry muttered before walking out. Patty looked down. Scott glared at Barry as Caitlin frowned.

     "He'll soften up soon." She comforted Patty before walking out. Cisco sat with Henry and joined the game with the other computer. Caitlin looked at Barry who was angrily pacing down the hall.

     "Barry!" She called out. Barry glared at her.

     "You're seriously forgiving her?!" He shouted. Caitlin raised her eyebrows.

     "Okay, I'm not doing this right now. I have work to catch up on and the last thing I want to do is argue with you. I love you Barry Allen, but I'm sick of arguing." She answered. Barry sighed.

     "You're right, I'm sorry. I'm just angry." He mumbled. Caitlin walked up to him.

     "I know, but there's no reason to be! If Patty proved to us that she's a bad person, then I will say 'I told you so'." She said while holding his hand. Barry nodded and kissed her head.

                                                •

     "Barry Allen, you will die soon. I'll give you your freedom for a few weeks while I finish my research, but I can assure that you won't see your son turn 6." A man whispered to himself while watching through the security camera watching Caitlin and Barry kiss.

To be continued.