Chapter Seventeen: The Snow Queen

Start from the beginning

(Just pretend there's a white coat!)

"Arendelle is really pretty." I say as we get through the castle gates.
"I agree!" Hanni adds in awe
"Thank you!" Starr says heartily, seeming to be touched.
"Yeah, now all you got to do is impress my aunt and uncle." Opal commented dryly.
"Yeah, thanks! Don't worry-I've always wanted to be turned into ice by a friend's parents!" I reply sarcastically.
"Pff!" Hanni nearly snorts as get up to the giant doors of the castle.
"Ready?" Starr asks turning to me, Hanni and Opal. Opal nods and the after a minute I nod. Starr takes in a breath and opens the massive doors.

It was nerve wracking walking in. So many eyes... so many people. Oh god. Why am I so nervous??

"Miss, may I take your coat?"
"Oh. Sure!" Hanni says to a nearby servant, interrupting my thoughts. She proceeds to take off her white jacket and purple scarf, handing it to him, before standing next to Opal.
"Come on. We came here to have a good time and I have yet to introduce you two to my parents!" Starr says, referring to Hanni and I. She's clearly really excited about this...

Starr ignored the onlookers and was going straight for... something? Honestly I don't know.

But before we could, we were stopped by a girl with peach skin, white hair, clear sky blue eyes and a gorgeous long sleeve, white dress. She has a plain looking woman beside her with curly red locks.
"Oh. Hi Delia. Do you need something?" The girl, Delia, looks over at Hanni and then smirks with a pitiful laugh.
"I cannot believe you would associate with people who have... such a lack of taste of fashion for such an event." Delia explains, wrinkling her nose at Hanni's dress. I looked over at Hanni as she crouched a little and played with the hem out of embarrassment.
"I guess. At least my last name isn't Wesealton." Delia looks appalled by Starr's statement.
"My last name is pronounced Welston, not Weaselton!" Delia shouts outraged.
"Oh whatever Delia! Point is-you have no right to insult my friends!" Starr argues and Delia rolls her eyes dramatically.
"You are being quite rude today, Starr. What would Queen Elsa say if she were here?"
"Leave my mother out of this!" But before they can argue any further, a stern cough is heard from the staircase we were inches away from. A woman with a white dress, white hair, a fur cape and a stunning diamond necklace and crown was on one of the stairs. A man stood beside her with white hair, wearing a white and gold accented suit.
"You were saying something about wanting to get iced by a friend's parent?" Opal murmurs in my direction through her teeth.
"You didn't tell me your aunt would be so pretty!" Hanni whispers back in awe. I would've said something too... but I was a little frightened. Queen Elsa is more intimidating than I thought she would be.

"Starr, have some manners. Apologize." Starr's mom said.
"But, mom-"
"Starr... don't argue with me." The ice queen warned and Starr reluctantly apologized. As Delia left smugly, the plain woman beside her turned her upwards to look at Queen Elsa.
"If I may, I would like to suggest you keep Princess Starr in check, my queen."
"I'd try and keep Princess Delia in check as well Jules. If you do not mind me saying." The man next to the Queen said as politely and calmly as he could. The woman, Jules, let out a huff and walked away.

Queen Elsa turned back and her stern face became a soft smile.
"You must be my daughters' guests. I apologize you had to see such a scene." Queen Elsa says looking at Hanni and I with warm smile. Suddenly, another woman with red hair in a bun and an elegant green dress comes down the stairs.
"Opal!" The woman says as Opal comes up the stairs to hug the woman.
"That's my Aunt Anna." Starr whispers to us. They stop hugging and Starr finally gets a chance to introduce us.
"So um... mom, dad, Aunt Anna. These are my two friends from Auradon. The one with the bright red hair is Hanni and the one with the scar is Sylvia." Thanks for pointing out my scar. I think, though I guess it was the only way Starr could describe-both Hanni and I have red hair after all.
"And um... Hanni, Sylvia. This my mom Elsa, my dad Jack and my aunt, Anna."
"It's lovely to meet you both." Jack, Starr's father, says politely to us.
"Um... mom. What are we doing to do about Delia?" Starr asks hopefully and Elsa sighs.
"We will deal with that later, Starr. There's a party to enjoy. Surely you want to so you're friends around." Elsa protests and Starr pouts.
"Oh come now," her father chides, "you're going to ruin your friends moods and that would be bad wouldn't it?" He says, Which makes Starr smile. She leads up away, but not before I hear Starr's relatives go up the stairs.
"What was that about, Delia?" Anna, Opal's mother asks.
"I will tell you later." Elsa replies.

"You know," Hanni says as we walk away, "I think I've got a new nickname for our 'friend'."
"What is it?" Opal inquires.
"'Princess of the Snobs'" We all quietly laugh at that.

In the garden...

"So... her uncle, the Duke of Weselton, is on the Isle, but... not her?" I ask Starr some questions about Delia once we're outside. Opal and Hanni went to get drinks and to tour a bit of the castle.
"Nope. It's sort of complicated. Delia's parents died when she was young, and they weren't evil, so she's stayed here. Her uncle and she use to communicate through magic or something like that before magic was seized from Auradon. Since then, she's courted a prince named Leighton and mostly hangs out with her maid, the one my dad talked to early, Jules."
"Oh. Huh. That's weird."
"Yeah, yeah it is." Starr says, a smile creeping onto her lips as she sips her drink.
"Hey, um... this is off topic but... what exactly are your parents?" Starr takes a moment to think about it as she swallows her drink. She lets it down and recomposes herself.
"I mean... my dad is or... was? The Guardian of Fun. I can never remember and my mom has just... always been the Queen of Arendelle. Don't know how she got ice powers-I inherited ice powers from both of my parents."
"Huh. How did your parents meet?" I ask.
"I don't really know." Starr admits, "it's either they met when she was a kid or they met after she had her... 'snow rampage'." At my furrowed eyebrows, Starr elaborates on how her mother got her powers and her living mountains by herself, etc, etc.
"I don't know. Dad is about the only person mom doesn't get mad at."
"You not included?"
"Most of the time. I uh... get in trouble a lot." She explains sheepishly.
"Wow! The daughter of the Guardian of Fun gets into trouble? Can't imagine why!" I quip sarcastically, making Starr laugh.

A day later, Auradon...

I had slept well into the afternoon. The party was fun, but I was wiped after. I probably would've slept longer if there wasn't a knock at my door.
"Oh hey Hanni!"
"Hi. I just came by to say I had a really fun time at the ball with you and I wanted to show you something." Curious, I open the neatly wrapped present. I let out a gasp.
"Hanni, that's amazing! Who gave this to you?" I question, excited for her. Inside the box was a snowflake.
"I don't know, but who cares?! It's cool right? A real, genuine souvenir!"

Author's Notes

I actually looked it up. In some places it can snow in October!

Crazy isn't it?

I also don't think I represented Elsa, or Jack or Anna well...

A shame :/

Anyway, next chapter will be out soon!

BatgirlGeek❤️