A Friendship for Dummies' One Shot

"I feel like a whale" I moaned, twisting back and forth in my wardrobe mirror.

"You look like one, too." Conner teased from out in the bedroom.

"Thanks." I muttered, frowning at the image that stared back at me.

"But you're my whale, baby" Conner murmured in my ear, while wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Even better." I said sarcastically.

"I don't see the problem. There's more of you to love." he rubbed the basketball that was disguised as my stomach.

Sure I was packing on the pounds because that's what happens to pregnant women, but did I have to gain so much? I pouted at my reflection.

"Don't make that face before it gets stuck like that." Conner teased.

I giggled and turned around to face him.

"What? You wouldn't love me anymore?" I playfully shoved him out of my wardrobe.

He gabbed me by my waist and spun me around so I was backed up against the bed.

"Of course I'd love you. Every. Inch. Of you." he towered over me, making me fall back into the sea of satin sheets that covered our bed.

He used this to his advantage and climbed on top of me, making sure not to put any weight on me or the eight month old baby I was carrying.

"How much would you love me?" I asked.

"I'd do anything for you, Georgie. You are and have always been my everything." his eyes bore into mine, daring me to question it's sincerity.

"Good. So, then you wouldn't mind going out to pick me up some ice cream? We're all out."

"Georgie!" Conner whined. "It's eight o'clock at night. Why can't we just cuddle and watch movies or something?"

"Because your wife and daughter want Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!" I rubbed my belly to emphasize the daughter part and guilt trip him into making the store run for me. "

It's a boy." he sighed and I knew he was giving in. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?" I nodded.

"Well, what's in it for me?"

"Satisfaction?"

He shook his head.

"Well what do you want?"

He raised his eyebrow and gave me a heart tugging smirk. My heart thudded in my chest. It's been nine years since we rekindled our flame, but my heart still stutters as if it were the first time I laid eyes on him.

"Well, whatever it is, you can think about it on the way to the market and let me know about it when you get back." I smirked, knowing that I had played my cards right.

Conner huffed out a breath of air, ran his hand through his hair, and grabbed his car keys from off his dresser. He threw a smile back at me and walked off shaking his head.

"You got me wrapped around your finger, you know. It's okay, though. I still love you." he called out while jogging down the stairs.

"I love you, too" I called out.

He laughed and I heard the front door shut behind him. Followed by his car engine purring to life and making it's way out of our property.

I settled back into the pyramid of pillows and turned the tv on. I aimlessly flicked through channels, but came to an abrupt stop when I heard the front door click downstairs. I tilted my head to the side, confused. I wouldn't have heard the door if I hadn't been switching through the channels, because it was that low. Conner had never been so cautious while closing the door, he even slammed it while he knew good and well I was sleeping.