"Something is here and watching us," Jyn brought out with a soft and shaky voice, then she turned once in a circle and noticed how Stephen looked at her, shortly after she had pushed her away, "Sorry, I...".

"It's all right," Stephen assured her much too hastily, which was always a sign that what had been said before wasn't true, "Wrong time, as you said. If it's not already too late."

"Do you expect everyone to be serious after all that you've been through? You're at the wrong address with me, honey", certainly not, despite that Jyn put one hand on Stephen's cheek, stroked his thumb over his lower lip and kissed him twice very fleetingly on the lips, "Don't mess up my conversation with Thanos. First I want answers, then do what you want. So my darling, good conversation. I'm glad that we agree."

"Not so fast, yes? Good try, honey, but no," Jyn had seriously hoped it would work, although she should have known better right away, but Stephen stroked some of the loose strands of hair behind her ear and knew, as he had known for a long time, what she was trying to do, "This number didn't work before and it never will. Especially not today. Thanos wants the Zeitstein so I will talk to him and not you. For all I care, be angry, but when you talk to Thanos, I don't want to know what comes around in the end."

"You know what, I hope you die, then I can marry Victor without any problems and woe to you, you'll turn into a ghost like Loki afterwards", but Stephen just closed his eyes at Jyn's words, pulled up a corner of his mouth and had to nod knowingly, because it was one of the more humane things she could have said, "Well, I'll guess it, he was a bit over it. It may be, but I always told Brock to die and then... there was this bitch. Advantage, we have no Hydra experiment here and I deviate from the topic. Where was... exactly, Thanos. You can talk to him. I have seen that it is possible so why not do it? What about Lucifer speaks against it? Something drives him and that is not typical, I want to kill everything and everyone, because I can do it and I am able to do it. We have the stone, you have it, okay, and that is exactly the point. We are in position and have the right to know what he wants. Since when do you, you, not want to know everything anymore? In the past, you wouldn't have removed a tumor just like that (not) without knowing all the answers or having gone through all the possibilities at least once before. I've been playing conscience since I got involved and I seem to be the only one who thinks logically and rationally here. Me? Conscience? That doesn't work and shouldn't work like that. Normally it should be you. You were a doctor and you had this stupid codex to save lives, not me. I, on the other hand, am paid to save people..... not save life. When will you finally start to reflect and question Thano's previous actions? Question things, was taught to me during my studies and for a long time I ignored it. With that it is over. Don't force me to act. Whether you are Merlin right now or not, you can only lose. Everyone as he must and I will act, no matter if it concerns you, Tony, Spiderboy or the hollow bulb Quill. Zwing. Me. Not. To act, because it's done my way and it will end accordingly."

"So you're willing to put all life in the universe at risk just to find out what Thano's motives are," without looking away, Jyn looked into Stephen's eyes and an exhausted sigh kidnapped him, "Stark. Would you come for a moment? You have a job here. You can't do it without PR, so please take care of it."

In the art of war it says: If you know your enemy and yourself, you don't have to fear the upcoming battle. But if you only know yourself and not your enemy, every victory is followed by defeat.

Thus, of all the weapons we carry in battle, none is more effective than our intellect. It includes our instincts and our training. And it allows us to distinguish friend from foe. Love and hatred. But even if this weapon is damaged, it is far from unfit to fight. For the mind is far more dangerous if it is not healthy.