Chapter 15: WTF?!

Start from the beginning

Literally as soon as Eli says that, our new schedules get given to us by Mrs. Ross.

  "Nooooooo!" Esther cries.

"What?" I say.

"I have health class too" Esther frowns.

  "I don't have health. I still have gym" River says.

"Lucky you" Eli says.

  I take a look at my schedule.

Period 1: Chorus (happy about this)
Period 2: Social Studies (could care less)
Period 3: Math (at least its Ms. Gardner)
Period 4: Lunch (still best time of day)
Period 5: Study Hall (reading/homework)
Period 6: Health (well... shit)

            Alright, so this schedule isn't the best, but at least I don't have gym this quarter. I could use a bit of a break from sweating my ass off at the end of the day. But I won't get used to the change knowing I'll have to go back into it 2 and a half months from now.

"Welp, the three of us have it all together then. You're safe for now, River" I say.

"Shit, you have it too?" Eli asks.

  I show him the schedule.

  "Damn" He says.

"At least we get to suffer together" I say.

"Learning about the human body is horrifying. We should at least be grateful it's not Sex Ed" Esther says.

"Now that is one thing I can never erase from my memory. The awkwardness and the unnecessarily graphic description was just... yuck" I gag.

  "I now officially feel bad for kids who have to  get 'the talk' from their parents" Esther says.

Otherwise known as 'The Birds and The Bees'. Mostly to make it sound less uncomfortable. As it wasn't enough already.

"Plus some curiosity from me. I don't remember that much about getting 'the talk'" Eli says.

  "Good" Esther says.

  "Haha. I still got gym" River laughs at us.

  "Don't get too comfortable. Next quarter could easily be your time. And we'll be in gym laughing at you" Esther says.

  "True that" Eli says.

              We all start to go to our classes. River goes in front of us while Eli slightly pulls me to the side.

  "I need to tell you something at the end of the day" He says.

  "You can't just tell me now?" I say.

"No. I can't" He says.

"Alright. Now let's go already. I don't want to be late because of you. I don't need to follow into your footsteps" I say.

"Right behind you" He says.

   Period 1
We luckily both get to class right on time and River is already in his seat. Then the bell rings.

"Almost right on queue" River points at the clock.

"Close enough" I say, taking my seat.