🎶Thought You Was Batman🎶

Start from the beginning

We quietly entered the room, and Jamie, as shy as he is, dug his head in my shoulder, trying to hide

We quietly entered the room, and Jamie, as shy as he is, dug his head in my shoulder, trying to hide. Bruce escorted me to and open seat and sat down next to me. I could already hear quiet conversations, erupting into arguments.
Bruce shouted, silencing everyone.

"Now, everyone, this is Emily, my...-"
"Go ahead Bruce, I'm okay with it."
I smiled at him and he returned it.

"My daughter, and this is her son, Jamie."
He directed their attention to me.

"You wanna tell them how old you are baby?"
He kept his head buried in my shoulder but showed four fingers, making some of the leaguers laugh at his shyness.

Then someone asked a question.

"How old are you then?"
"17. I just turned 17."
"Then how-?"
I looked at Bruce.
"Could you take him for a few minutes? He doesn't need to know any of this."
He nodded, taking a happy Jamie into his arms, leaving the room.
All eyes were on me.

"A couple years ago, I was 11, I was-I was raped."
Gasps erupted through the room.
"That's how I got Jamie. He's anything but a mistake or an accident. I know I'm young but I work hard to support my son and keep that smile on his face. If you've got a problem, you can respectfully shove it up your ass."

Before I know it, freaking Wonder Woman pulls me into a hug.

"I admire your strength and bravery young one, you bring pride to your family."

"Thanks, I guess."
Everyone else nods in agreement.

Bruce carries a happy Jamie with ice cream all over his face. My mouth dropped.

"He gave me the eyes, I couldn't resist!"

I took Jamie from his arms.

"Come on my stinker, you need and bath, and then it's off to bed!"