We'll Be Home For Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'm not mommy Nat," I said, joining Clint in the unpacking process.

"Alright," Clint said, I could tell by his tone, that I had been a little sharp in my delivery.

"So...did you get everything put up?" I asked, joining him by the dresser. He didn't have to bring as many clothes as I did, due to already having some stuff here from his visits.

"Yeah," He then raised his voice. "And they're someone where little boys who are trying to listen in won't find."

At that, there was the sound of small footsteps running away from the doorway. We both chuckled, before finishing up packing.

"So," I say as I begin to change into some comfier clothes that didn't smell like a public plane, "Cooper said that Laura didn't allow for Disney movies tonight, is there any reason behind that?" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Maybe," Clint said, handing me a t-shirt, that turned out to be his. "I just saw that they used Disney to indoctrinate you and didn't really know how you'd react, so I wanted to play it safe."

I smiled as I pulled the shirt over my head, "Thanks for caring, but as long as it's not the original version of Snow White, I should be fine."

"Well then, my lady. Shall you go and see what Lila has selected for us," He held out his arm for me and I just chuckled before walking out the door on my own.

"How rude," Clint said, speed walking a little to catch up with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turned out the movie that Lila had picked was Anastasia.

"You know, the plane ride, really took it out of me. I think I'm going to call it a night," I said, getting up from my place on the couch.

"Everything okay?" Clint asked, looking up from where he was sat on the couch, with Lila in his lap, leaning against him.

I nod, "I'm just tired, it'll be okay." I then quickly made my way back to his room before Clint could argue anymore.

I lied in the bed, thinking back to my child until Clint entered a few hours later.

"I know you're not asleep Tasha. Want to tell me what's bothering, and don't tell me that it was just because you were tired, I saw the look on your face, and you looked scared."

I took a deep breath, "Clint, think about my last name."

Clint paused for a second before realizing what I was hinting toward, "Do you really think that you're related to them?"

"The Red Room sure thought so, one of Ivan's favorite nicknames for me was tsarevna...princess. I mean, I look the part and my name matches, plus you know they never did find Anastasia. Ivan was so proud that he found me and Alec, taking in the last ties of the Romanov's and shaping them into weapons the Soviet Union. It's like a Soviet wetdream. The old Russia doing the new Russia's dirty work. Ivan made sure that I knew where I came from and even used it as part of my punishment." I had begun to drift back into my old memories. "I'm sure he was so happy when I became the end of the Romanov linage."

"What do you mean the end of the linage?" Clint knew me well enough to know that I didn't usually get into poetics and that most of what I said when it came to the Red Room was pure fact. "Does this have anything to do with what Fury had brought up when he learned about our relationship."

I nodded, "Part of the final steps to become a Black Widow was to get rid of the one thing that could have undermined the conditioning any of the girls that completed the program had been exposed to." I stared down and off into the distance, not wanting to meet Bart- Clint's gaze as I told him this, but also getting pulled farther back into my past, wrapping my arms around myself. "So, when they got me ready to have the serum injected into me, they also performed an operation that made me sterile. Nothing to get in the way of the mission. No chance that there was anything that would stop you from doing whatever was needed to get the job done. Nothing that kept you from dying on a mission if that was what was needed." I bit my lip as I felt my emotions overcome me.