Chapter XXIV: Jurener Private Guards

Start from the beginning

The reformed Fairy Team halted from running.

“Who goes there?”, Erza asked as she held out her sword.

“So you’re the ones who exploded the storehouses?”, Kurogane said. The Fairy Team looked up on a tree where Celesta was sitting while purring her one hand while the other holds her stuffed kitty. Kurogane was standing beside Celesta and grinning at their direction.

“You’ll never go past us”, Celesta declared.

“Oh yeah?”, Natsu shouted. The aforementioned two jumped from the tree and landed to the ground in front of them.

“Get out of our way!”, Natsu and Gray attacked the two who were standing.

Celesta and Kurogane moved away from their attacks.

“Myeow, let’s have fun now shall we?”, Celesta said. She stretched her right hand and her body suddenly multiplied surrounding them.

“Eh? There’s too many of her!”, Natsu shouted.

“I’m getting dizzy”, Happy said.

“Hey! Get a hold of yourself Happy!”, Charle scolded.

“Clone Magic!”, Levy said.

“I see. We’ll take hours if we fight just the two of them. Hey! We’ll create a distraction. You guys go!”, Gajeel said towards the others, to Natsu especially.

“Are you saying to run away? Don’t order me around you piece of metal!”, Natsu whined.

“Idiot! You don’t understand the situation. They’re just holding us up! Besides, you still have something you have to do right?”, Gajeel smirked at him. Natsu stopped whining and looked at Gajeel with realization. Natsu smiled and nodded.

“Are you sure you’ll be fine?”, Gray asked.

“Of course, who do you think am I?”, Gajeel said.

“Juvia knows Gajeel-kun can handle this, Juvia trust him”, Juvia said.

“I’ll stay with him”, Wendy declared. Everyone looked wide-eyed to the little wizard, she volunteered to stay behind which was sort of unnatural.

“I’ll stay too”, Charle said. Natsu and the others nodded on the decision.

“Gajeel…..”, Levy blurted out. Gajeel leaned his ear to Levy as she whispered something to him. Gajeel smiled and nodded on the solid-script mage.

“Lily go with Levy”, Gajeel ordered the feline who looked questioningly at him.

“Why? Isn’t it more convenient for you if I stayed as well?”, Lily asked.

“You have a more important job, Gihee”, Gajeel smirked at him. Somehow Lily stopped arguing.

“What are you all blabbering about?”, Kurogane broadly asked.

“Go!”, Gajeel ordered in a harsh tone. Natsu and the others ran as Gajeel extended both of his metal arms and shoved Celesta’s clones out of the way. As Natsu and the others ran, Kurogane blocked the way holding out a sword. When he swayed it, Erza blocked the sword with her own as Wendy created a distracting wind for them to be able to pass.

“We’ll be your opponents”, Gajeel, Wendy, and Charle got closer circling their backs together.

Meanwhile….

“Minora, are you sure you can do this?”, Tidus asked Minora who was standing at a window.

“What choice do I have?”, Minora said, her bangs was shadowing her eyes.

“I’m sorry you have to go through this”, Tidus said apologetically.

“We owe Lord Arthur so much, that is a fact we can’t deny but you see….”, Minora’s voice shook as she exclaimed.

“I know what you’re saying. Sure enough, there are things that Lord Arthur wants that may seem out of line, but still, we have to obey. How’s your shoulder?”, Tidus said.

“Its fine, don’t worry. It’s healed already. Lucy and her spirit tended my wounds perfectly. I just hope that Lucy will be alright”, Minora said.

“You believe in them right?”, Tidus asked.

“Them? You mean Lucy’s friends? Fairy Tail?”, Minora turned around to look at him.

“Yeah, well, you look like you are actually hoping something from them”, Tidus’ shoulders shrugged.

“That’s because I haven’t met someone like them. Their bonds are strong, Lucy said so. From what Lucy told me, they are the kinds of people who would sacrifice everything for family, and you can see how persistent they are”, Minora said.

“Lucy has created a great impact on you, you seem livelier Minora. Much livelier than before, before that incident happened”, Tidus said.

“Yes, I must admit, Lucy makes me warm inside. I’ve never felt this good Tidus, in fact, better than I’ve ever felt, in a long time. She reminds me of Minori”, Minora smiled. Tidus looked at her with such sad expression.

“Minora, when it comes a time that they manage to come here, what will you do?”, Tidus asked.

“I must heed Lord Arthur’s orders, although I had hopes in them, I still have to do as I was told, even if it means killing them”, Minora’s eyes showed sorrow. “And I believe that no matter what, they still would be able to save Lucy”

“Enough of this, let’s get ready”, Tidus said. Minora nodded at him.

“Oh Tidus?”, Minora stopped Tidus. Tidus turned to look at her.

“Yeah? What is it Minora?”, Tiduds asked.

“That suit looks really good on you. As I thought, a suit looks better on you than those ratty looking clothes”, Minora smiled at him with a slight blush on her face. Tidus blushed as well, looking at the suit he was wearing. He only wore this kind of clothing because of the situation.

“I only wore this monkey suit because Lord Arthur said so”, Tidus made a lousy excuse. “How come you’re still on that clothes?”, Tidus pointed to Minora’s clothing.

“Oh, I’ll change, don’t worry, Crucis will help me”, Minora said.

“Really?”, Tidus asked.

“Crucis”, Minora said, Crucis expanded and shoved out a navy blue dress. Minora took it and showed it to Tidus.

“That’s….”, Tidus cut-off.

“Yeah, this is the dress Minori made for me. I think it’s about time I wore it. Don’t you think so?”, Minora smiled sadly.

“I’ve been waiting to see you wear that”, Tidus smiled back. “Let’s get ready. They’re coming”, Tidus declared as he sensed Natsu and the others nearing the gates.