*GOLD OR CRUDEOIL? (Wúrà Tàbí Épó Rọ̀bì?)* Episode 2

Written by
Sultan B. Lawal.

Episode 2

Ola's boyfriend (Dami) visited the police station the next morning and in the process of quizzing and interrogation, nothing incriminating nor substantially helpful was found in his statements and the police decided to let go but an agreement was reached that he will come to the police station from time to time and would make himself available at anytime his attention is required.

The report on the findings from the police divisional headquarters reads that giving the nature of both death incidents the perpetrator is likely the same and the she (Ola) has an Information about the theft of a national treasury, most likely crude oil, giving the nature of the rampant oil bunkering which is voguish as at that material time. The divisional headquarters noted that such cases will be transferred to the Area Command headquarters which is a higher police station for further investigations.

The Area commander invited Ola's parents, Ashabi's parents as well as Dami for deliberation on ways forward, Ola's mother emphasized on how secretive the deceased was in her life time and Dami added that this is evident in how majority of the content in the diary that talked about her sad moments were written in implicit format. The commander tried to shake off the shock from both parents and unravel more details but a call came in shortly, 'it's my boss, excuse me please I have to pick this one the commander said. He dropped the call and explained to them in pidgin English 'my oga say make I transfer the case come him zone' stating that the Deputy Inspector General (D.I.G) asked that the case be brought to his station that is the Zonal headquarters giving the magnitude of the findings so far. That will make it better, the said D.I.G is my uncle Dami reacted with everyone agreeing it's a big plus to the case.

However the bunkers seems not to be slowing down, the vandalists robbed the national treasury at will and escape at every single attempt by the police to apprehend them and shortly after the nation was caterpulted into an economic recession as foreign investors trooped out in search of saver heavens as insecurity in the land increase drastically.

Watch out for Episode 3

However before the next episode the writer consider it imperative for the readers to note the hierarchical chain of the police structures & personnel in the polity.

(Structures)
Force Headquarters
              |
Zonal Headquarters
              |
State Commands Headquarters
              |
Area Commands Headquarters
              |
Divisional Police Headquarters
             |
Police Station
             |
Police Post
             |
Village Police Post.

(Officers)
Inspector General
            |
Deputy Inspector General
            |
Assistant Inspector General
             |
Commissioner of Police
             |
The Deputy Commi of Police
             |
The Asst. Commissioner of Police
              |
The Chief Superintendent of Police
               |
The Superintendent of Police
               |
The Deputy Superintendent of Police
                |
The Assistant Superintendent of Police
                |
The Inspector of Police
                |
Sergeant Major
       |
Sergeant

       |
Constable.

✍🏽 Lawal Sultan
© All rights reserved.
E-mail: lawalsultan@gmail.com
sultan_lawal@yahoo.com
Mobile: 08166867660
WhatsApp: 08181293497.