A cure for sickness

Start from the beginning

"Will it hurt her Lisa? The chemotherapy?" She asked me

"Usually it hurts, but that depends on the patient. Why don't we ask Jisoo about this?"

She nodded, and we went to see Jisoo who waited for us while resting on her wheelchair. "Hi Jisoo, tired?" I asked her.

"Yea, can we go home now?" She asked me back.

"Sure, do you want to grab something to eat on our way home?" Jennie asked

"Can I have fried chicken?" Jisoo smiled when she talked about chicken.

"No, that's junk food unnie, you can't eat that." Jennie refused Jisoo's request.

"Jen, maybe just this time?" I gave Jennie the look.

"You sure?" Jennie looked back at me, searching for reassurance.

"That's okay, but just this time, you have to eat healthily and rest enough after that. Ok Jisoo?"

"Yea sure, come on let's go get my chickens." Jisoo giddily said. 

-

While Jennie was ordering our food. Jisoo and I were waiting for her in the dining area of that fast food restaurant. Jisoo was looking at me curiously like I was some kind of problem that needed to be solved.

"Lisa, why do you do this kind of stuff?" Jisoo asked me.

"What stuff Jisoo?"

"This.." Her hands waving around herself. "This volunteering stuff. Don't you have anything else more important to do?"

"What makes you think that this volunteering stuff isn't important?"

"Well... I don't know, but you're helping someone that you just met. I can't give you anything in return, and it's must be embarrassing to be seen  in public with me."

"Why did you say that? Say anything about me, but don't say that about yourself. You're a beautiful, strong girl." I told her

"I'll pretend to believe that, but I am beautiful hahaha..." She started laughing.

I watched her laughing at her own joke in front of me and I have to agree with her. She's beautiful. The most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

"I like it when you laugh. You have a really beautiful smile." I complimented her.

"I know. haha but don't get used to it. I rarely laugh sincerely, the best I can do is to laugh mockingly." She smirked.

Jennie came holding a tray full of foods which I helped her to distribute. Jisoo looked so happy to see fried chickens in front of her.

"Unnie, can you pass me the tissue?" Jennie asked Jisoo but Jisoo didn't answer and focused on her chickens. "YAH! Unnie, those chickens aren't going anywhere! Pass me the tissue!" Jisoo grumpily passed the tissue to Jennie.

"You see Lisa, Jennie here is scarier than a monster when she's angry." Jisoo said to me

"It was your fault that I got angry Kim Jisoo." Jennie was about to slap Jisoo's shoulder but stopped midway. Jisoo who realized Jennie's refusal to slap her tried to hide her sadness.

"You can't hit me now Jendeuk, I'm fragile. Hahaha.." Jisoo half-heartedly laugh.

The rest of the meals was being eaten in silence. I can see guilt in Jennie's face but all I can give her was just reassuring smile while Jisoo didn't even look at any of our eyes.

After we finished eating we went home. I helped Jennie tucked Jisoo up in bed before going to my own house. The sky was getting dark quickly when suddenly my phone rang crazily, stopping me from dozing off.