Chapter 3: Congratulations

Start from the beginning

"Yep, I wanted to talk to you about something" I nervously said "But we should get started here, shall we?"

"Sure!"

[...]

It was already lunch break and I slowly made my way to the cafeteria, where I had called a meeting with everyone I'm working with in the company. I had to somehow inform them on the latest..news.

"Yah Hyun!" Jihyo greeted and stood up along with the rest of the people at the table.

"Hello everyone" I said and bowed, eyeing JY Park.

"How come you called a meeting all of a sudden?" Irene asked and sat beside Seulgi, who was sharing some snacks with Sooyoung.

"I wanted to announce something" I said and Jihyo smiled widely, she was the first one to find out.

"Go ahead then" JYP-nim said and sat down, the rest joining him.

I was the last to sit down, awkwardly sipping the last few drops of my coffee as I glanced everyone's faces.

"You all know Momo and I have been trying to..you know" I started and Jihyo let out a faint giggle, earning a glare from JYP-nim.

"You've informed us about that, Dahyun-ssi" the man said "We're sorry you were not able to get pregnant" he added and Jihyo bursted out laughing at the way I almost chocked when JY Park finished his sentence.

"Tell them already!" the older girl whined and threw herself onto my manager, who sat there unbothered.

"Well.." I started, feeling sweat trickling down my forehead "I kinda am pregnant?" I said and everyone cheered. I didn't really expect this reaction, I initially thought I would be getting fired or something.

Irene jumped from her seat and gave me a smile while Seulgi and Sooyoung squealed, hugging each other. JYP-nim and the CEO laughed, congratulating me. Jihyo was already by my side and squeezed me into her embrace. The only one who remained unbothered was my manager, who was still sitting and looking at me with his signature unreadable expression.

"Siwoo oppa?" I aksed and he breathed out "You okay?"

"I sure am, Dahyun-ssi" he replied.

"Aw come on Siwoo oppa, flash that beautiful smile of yours! Our girl is celebrating" Jihyo laughed and patted the older man on the back "We know you usually show emotion when you're drunk, but you can't just start drinking while working" she teased.

Siwoo never really showed how he felt. When we was first assigned to be my manager I thought he hated me, but at the end of the day he always treated me out for dinner or gave me advice when I fucked something with Momo up. He was the only one of the staff and managers I got really close with and he always stayed by my side when I felt like giving up after really stressful day.

[Flashback]

"Let's go one more time Dahyun-ssi" Siwoo spoke. He was the only one left in the JYPE bulding along with me in the practice room, even though he wasn't supposed to be there.

"I-I can't oppa" I panted and laid my body on the wooden floor, practising all these hours had taken a toll on my body "It's 2 AM!" I whined and he shook his head, grabbing my arms and pulling me up.

"You're the artist of the year for three consecutive years, Dahyun-ssi" he started "You're expected to be perfect. Everyone will be looking for the slightest mistake you'll make" the man said and started the music again "So show them that you're perfect, there is no time to waste!" Siwoo raised his voice a little bit as I started dacning to my newset song for the millionth time today.