35 | the last of the starks

Start from the beginning

Everyone in the room gasped and began mumbling obscenities. "Because, I have no rightful claim to any throne. But, Jon does. He had been wanting to tell his people, the Northern men and women who fought so bravely in the long night, his true heritage. But, I pressured him to be patient until the battle was over. Little did I know that someone would be handing me a crown. Jon Snow is not a bastard. He is Aegon Targaryen, son to Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. Two lovers who secretly married right before Robert's Rebellion. He is the true and only heir to the Iron Throne." Reyanna announced.

Everyone was silent for a moment, soaking the information up. Suddenly, Gendry began clapping. Then, everyone followed pursuit and began cheering even louder than before. Reyanna grabbed Jon's hand and made him stand up, causing the crowd to cheer even louder. "I present to you the true King!" She told.

Jon smiled small, a bit embarrassedly. "Alright, alright, you may return to enjoying your meals." Jon waved them off. Everyone struggled to contain their excitement. Their own was the true heir to the Iron Throne. It was a major key to defeating Cersei, which is what they all wanted.

Once everyone settled back in, Reyanna waved over Gendry. "Gendry, you are the son of Robert Baratheon?" Reyanna asked over the loud chatter of the others in the room.

Gendry gulped and nodded. "Who's Lord of Storm's End, now?" She inquired.

"I don't know, Your Grace." Gendry replied, timidly.

"No one," She answered for him, "that means you are the only claimant. Therefore you are the Lord of Storm's End."

"I-I can't I'm a bastard." He admitted to her.

"No," Reyanna nudged Jon, "you are Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End, the lawful son of Robert Baratheon. Because that is what the King has now made you." Reyanna was subtly telling Jon to legitimize Gendry.

Gendry slowly looked over to Jon with a blank, shocked look spread on his face. Jon nodded curtly at him, agreeing with his wife's decision. Gendry's breath hitched. "Thank you, your grace." He was truly grateful for what she had done for him. She turned him from nothing into an important figure.

"Please," she waved him off, "Reyanna will do just fine. Enough of these formalities! We've through enough struggle together, I think we all have the same level of respect for each other at this point." Reyanna essentially had broken the rules that had been established hundreds of years ago. She was a ruler like never seen before, but, the people were beginning to enjoy it.

Gendry hurried off back to his seat to tell his friends and the others. Reyanna sat there at the table with Jon and Sansa by her side as she rubbed her stomach. She felt the baby flutter in her stomach. Then, a few minutes later, she felt lots of liquid pour down her legs. Reyanna looked down and didn't see any color seeping through her dress, only a clear, wet liquid. Like water. Reyanna nudged Sansa with her elbow to make her look at water going down her legs. "What is this?" Reyanna asked her, hoping she knew.

Sansa widened her eyes once she realized that Reyanna's water had broke. "Reyanna, we've got to go." Sansa whispered to her.

"Why—" Reyanna began, but then felt an enormous twisting feeling occur in her abdomen. It was extremely painful. It felt like her whole abdomen was on fire.

"Nevermind." Reyanna took a deep breath. The maester had told her that she would feel an intense cramp once the baby was to come, but never told her about the water. So she was clueless until she felt that painful contraction.