The Almost Road To Paris

Start from the beginning

No one saw who threw the first rock, and equally no one was looking when the second rock was aimed at the Elvis loving Legend, and by the time the third came by his head, the shouts were so loud that no one saw that either.

"At what point do we jump in and save his ass?" Zari sighed.

Sara shook her head. "Why can't you all listen to my rules? Every single case we have someone who goes rogue."

"I listened," Alex said, her voice and the secret glint in her eyes told Sara she was talking about something else.

"Yes, yes you did, good girl," Sara smirked flirtatiously.

"Err.. guys a little help over here!" Nate shouted as he was lifted on to the shoulders of a gruff burly revolutionary.

"Every damn time." Sara sighed.

"Let's kick some froggie butt." Mick smiled with glee edging forward dangerously, being yanked back by the firm grasp of Alex.

"No, all these revolutionaries need to arrive in Paris without a hitch; we can't change history," Alex said, sternly.

"Yeah, you may need to stick around longer because we do that crap all the time," Zari said, knowingly.

Sara frowned at her tea; she wanted to pretend at least to be a badass hero in front of Alex. Instead her team was showing the beautiful agent the opposite, and it was beginning to get on Sara's nerves. "Right, let's get Nate, then we're back to Waverider, we've done enough damage."

                                                                                           xxx

Dodging the sharp corner of the wall Quinn rushes past, rushing to escape the constant stalking from Diana, Quinn was tired of her always lurking just to the side of her. Still watching her, even when Quinn thought she was free, Quinn found that odd haunting feeling of being watched overcome her.

Today Quinn had, had enough and with a house as big as the mansion they lived in was Quinn was sure she would be able to hide somewhere safe.

The big heavy oak door creaked and moaned as Quinn pushed open the door with no effort at all, what little bit of sun there was that hung in the late afternoon sky tried its best to shine through the window.

Slowly the dimly lighted room revealed large bookcases filled with books, a library that Quinn had never noticed before, had she known of it before she had lost her memory? Had she spent time in this room studying? Did she even like books.

The old musty smell of ancient books clung to the air, filling her lungs with an unpleasant toxic odor. It tickled her throat until she gave in to the sensation and coughed.

Her coughing masked the sound of footsteps, high heeled shoes hit against the wooden floor of the library, Quinn looked around to see if she could see anything and yet as the sound grew louder she saw nothing. This is where x-day vision would come in handy; Kara is never around when you need her. Before Quinn could question who Kara was and why she had x-ray vision, a shadowy figure appeared from the far end of the library, hidden by a large old bookcase that held some beautiful old books.

The familiar sneer Quinn has come to associate with her sister met her, the usual unwelcoming smirk that made Quinn uneasy, as though there was something unspoken between them. As though something was lurking between them that Scandal loathed.

Quinn smiled despite her uneasiness. "Hi, I didn't know about this place."

Scandal nodded her head, her short brown hair moving around her quickly. It was then that Quinn caught sight of the old chunky book in her sister's hands.