On One Direction Stalkers

My sister was talking about obsessions... and here's one of the chronic obsessions some girls have.

One Direction, a boy band known for it's music, cute faces, and... obsessive fans. Just this summer, Liam Payne, nineteen year old member of the British boy band, tweeted, "hi i just wanna say i love you guys and all [but] having strangers knock on my door and notes pushed through at 11 pm can be a little bit scary. I know you guys would feel the same about people knocking on your door you don’t know so please don’t come to my address much love liamxx."

Furthermore, on youtube, there are videos of One Direction, featuring things about them that are almost creepy. For example, there are several videos posting 100 facts about each of the members. There are even more videos of a small group of fans waiting outside the band's home to meet the members. In one such instance, Harry Styles, youngest member of the group, kindly assents to signing autographs, allowing his band members to make it into the van unscathed.

But the band members aren't the only ones creeped on by fans; their girlfriends are affected as well. With a fan base that is overwhelmingly made of teenaged girls, it's beginning to become clear just what those girls think of them as: their future husbands. Hence, when Liam Payne started dating Danielle Peazer, hate flowed like water. Good for Liam, for standing up for his girl!

There is a fine line between stalking and admiration. It's perfectly fine to admire the fine music that One Direction puts out, or their cute faces. But stalking them at their homes, their places of supposed safety, is a bit much, as is attacking their girlfriends on twitter, Facebook and through hate mail in general.