↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ✗

Start from the beginning

I watched the three boys have their moment with tears in my eyes. Minho patted Newt's hand. "Hey, you just hang on. you here me."

River gives me a look before standing up and continuing on with Minho and Gally. I glance down at Newt to see his breath getting more rigid, his jaw clenching and uncleancing, a murderous look coming across his once perfect face. I grab onto his arm, shaking him gently. "Newt? Newt?"

"you and i'll be
safe and sound"

This gained Thomas' attention. He drops down next to me from where he was standing to watch guard, calling Newt as too. "Hey! Hey! Newt! Hey!" A startling snarl escapes Newt's lips as more streams of black substances escapes his lips. "We're gonan try this. okay? we gotta move, now. Let's get you up, come on."

Newt fights Thomas and I as we try to help him stand. He repeats "No" over and over. His hands go to his neck and at first I thought he was trying to choke himself until I saw him rip a chain off and handing it to Thomas with whatever last bit of humanity he had. "Look, you gotta take this."

Thomas ignores him and tries to make him stand. "We gotta get you up now."

"don't you dare look out
your window,
darling everything's on fire"

Newt fights him once more, shoving the chain into Thomas' chest. "No, just take it!" He cries, his voice cracking as he did so. "Please. Please, Tommy, please."

I felt my heart break into little pieces. I couldn't help it anymore as a few tears started to drop down my cheeks. I watched how Thomas slowly takes the necklace. "All right." We sat there watching him for a few seconds.

I could see Newt trying to fight off the flare so I shake him gently. "All right. I need you to give us everything you got. You and us, right now." I turn to Thomas and he gets in position, nodding his head. "come on, ready? here we go. one, two, three."

"the war outside our
door keeps raging on"

Thomas and I both struggled to lift Newt up, seeing that he seemed to lose control of his limps. He was deadweight, and that scared the living shit out of me. We struggled as we crossed the street the other three boys went through. Thomas and I were on high alert as we glanced around to make sure no one was going to shoot us. Flames were all around us and I could here shots further down the street.

We struggled to fit through the broken glass door. We continued to move as fast as we can through the building, but when I heard Newt growling and starting to gasp for air, made my heart drop.

"We're almost there, Newt. Stay with us, come on." Thomas pleaded. Newt started to sway, and then he leaned his whole body weight on me causing me to slip and struggle to hold his body up as he falls on his back. "Newt, no, no, hey!"

"hold onto this lullaby
even when the musics
gone,"

I struggle to pull Newt back up with Thomas' help, every inch of my body shouting at me to stop. "Come on, Newt, please."

I stumbled over my own feet, which left Thomas to drag Newt the best he can. I quickly get up and move to grab Newt's feet but Thomas' falls which causes a domino affect, and I fall next to him. We were both clearly exhasted, me mentally and physically. All I wanted to do was scream and cry out and hunt down every WICKED member.