In no time, tears were falling down my cheek as I thought about him. It's crazy how you could love someone so much, and they'll never know. I'm pretty sure he know I love him, but the love I have for him is deeper than what he thinks.

I don't know how I went two years without seeing him or talking to him, because not talking to him for these past few days has been eating me up. Maybe I should apologize, even though I feel like I didn't do anything wrong.

I sighed and wiped away my tears before reaching for my phone. I wasn't going to text him or anything. I just needed something to take my mind off him so I went on Instagram and scrolled through a few posts until I got bored.

Couple of minutes later, I was finishing the blunt and put it in the trash can on my way back inside. I sprayed a little bit of perfume and went into the living room where Cori were.

My footsteps came to a halt when I heard someone else in the living room. I immediately began to panic, a lot more than I should have since I was high as a bitch. I ran towards the noise with my first instinct being to protect my daughter.

Seeing Jay in the kitchen eating my chips made me hold my chest and roll my eyes. "Why the fuck are you here? You scared me."

He looked my way with the phone to his ear. Staring me down, he continued eating my bag of chips before I snatched it away from him.

"Lemme call you back, I gotta handle something." He said to whomever was on the other end of the phone.

He pulled the phone away from his ear and smirked, "So you back there gettin' high and shit without me?"

"First of all, you shouldn't be here. Matter of fact, give me my damn key. Secondly, we ain't friends so don't be in here trying to hold a conversation with me like I fuck with you."

He laughed and walked closer to me, "Wit' your high ass, shut up." He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead, "I miss you."

I didn't even hug him back. Instead I pushed him off as if I was disgusted, "I don't miss you. You really went without calling me or Cori for three days? Three days Jay?"

"Nah, I went without talking to you. I saw and talked to my baby. Don't be putting her in this. You jealous?" He grinned, "You jealous cus I talk to my girl and not talk to you?"

I rolled my eyes, "Jay please, how can I be jealous of a three year old? You're so ignorant." I bypassed him to reach the refrigerator, "And since you went that many days without talking to me, keep going. I don't want nothing to do with you."

He mocked me and stuffed his hands in his pocket as he leaned against the kitchen counter watching me maneuver around. I quickly glanced at him, noticing how different he looked.

His hair was kind of neatly twisted, with a nice fade on the sides. Not even that, but he had a chain around his neck, a new watch on his wrist, and earrings in his ear. This guy was never this flashy.

"Don't be lookin' at me like that," He smirked, "I know I look good."

I sighed and took the chicken breast out of the freezer and sat it in the sink to defrost, "Whatever. Again, we not cool so don't talk to me. Matter of fact homeboy, leave. Put my key on the table and go."

"What the fuck you so mad for Bey?"

I looked at him like he was crazy and bitterly laughed, "Are you serious Shawn? Really? You really picked a whole ass argument with me about a guy I don't even talk to, you storm out, and then I don't hear from you for three days and you really asking me why I'm mad? I should fuckin' stab you."