"You sure are forgetful these days", clicking his tongue, Jungkook pushed the chair making Taehyung turn to look at him. "We are meeting the architect sent by Mr.Song, remember? He is on his way up. You were the one who asked him to come today"

Taehyung looks up to Jungkook, slowly letting out a sigh as he finally recalls the meeting, he arranged with the architect which he can barely remember his name. He finally leans back onto his chair, stretching his neck to the sides before tightening his loose tie.

"What's his name again?"

"Kim Seokjin"

-

Walking through the automatic door, Risa halted her steps when she spots a familiar figure standing just near the lift area. The tall man dressed in all black suit, hair neatly gelled and looking entirely presentable is no stranger to her. Feeling her heart pumping fast all of a sudden, all she wishes for is for him not to turn around and see her standing there.

But well, not all wishes come true, do they?

The man suddenly turns around, eyes scanning for someone but then he spotted her standing there, and instantly, his eyes light up.

"Risa!", Seokjin calls out his name softly but enough for her to hear.

"What a surprise to see you here, and you—"

"I have a meeting here actually—but wait, why are you here?"

"I-I am meeting my friend here. At the café"

Seokjin glances over his shoulder to look at the café before nodding his head a he turns to look at her once again. "Will you be long here?"

"Maybe. I am not sure actually"

"Let's meet up for coffee after this? If you are free? I am meeting someone, but it won't be long. Can I meet you in about 2 hours? Please? I really need to talk to you. It's been too long"

Hesitant and confused, she couldn't think of an excuse to reject him but then she is sure not prepared for this. After years of trying to keep him out of her head, she couldn't believe she met him again. Kim Seokjin is the last person she wants to see and now he is in front of her, asking her out for coffee.

What are the odds

"S-sure. Just give me a call once you're done. I'll be around. Did Hani give you my number already?"

"She hasn't actually. Maybe I can take your number now"

-

"Taehyung, have you contacted her?"

"Who?"

"Oh god, your girlfriend? Hello?"

"No. Why should I?"

Karin scoffs as she rolled her eyes, shaking her head regretfully. She clicked her tongue as she walks towards his table, resting both of her hands flat on the wooden surface.

"Are you forgetting that she has to follow you to the conference next week? There's a dinner and it seems impolite if you are attending without her? Do you want the people to question you coming to the dinner alone? Without your girlfriend? You can, but they are going to ask. Will you prefer that?"

Taehyung's eyes flick up to meet his sister's sinister stare and that made him think.

"It won't be necessary to attend with her. She's not my fiancé after all. People will talk"

"Well, I can bet you did not see the article from this morning", shrugging her shoulders, Karin slides her phone to him, signaling him to read the article she was browsing a moment ago. "This came out today. And I know, it may sound absurd, but they are trying to dig out about the past and then compare it with the current situation. I had the article taken down. It seems like they are really curious about her. I am sure the news reached the stake holders thus, I am 100 % sure, they'd be anticipating for you to introduce her to them"

Slowly taking the phone, he begins reading the article, furrowing his eyebrows as he tries to make sense of every word written in the short article. Groaning as he places the phone down, he looks up to Karin lazily.

"Why would they write such thing. I am getting tired of this"

"I know you are. But you must remember, we need to make sure Risa's records is clean. If one thing about her is leaked to the media and we fail to rectify any of the information—"

"I know", he cuts off. "I'll ask her about the conference"

"Give her a call, alright? And  be nice"

~~~~
NOTE

TWO UPDATES IN ONE NIGHT YESSS. I hope yall enjoyed these two chapters ! I really hope these latest ones are good T T . But thank you for reading anyway. I love youuu xx