"love is a wild thing."

Start from the beginning

she's quite smart, indigo and i taught her a few things in sign language and it's amazing how much she's picked up on. she signs for things like water, milk, help, and other things like that. she crawls and rolls over a lot, and it's quite cute.

"calum, can you come help me with this, i swear to god i can't get this thing off—," indigo huffs making me look over to see her attempting to get the baby lock off of the outlet. i laugh at this, walking over to her and crouching down where she is.

"it's indigo-proof, huh?" i tease, pulling it out and setting it on the counter as she pouts, plugging in her charger.

"mamamama," nova babbles for her mom, getting our attention. indigo walks over to her, picking her from the high chair to set her on the carpet, sitting down next to her on the floor.

"how come she says mama and not dada?" i pout, making indigo laugh at my complaint.

"because mama supplies the boobies," indigo boasts. nova simply grins at her and rolls over to her side. i laugh, crouching down to them as nova crawls over to me.

"she'll say it soon, isn't that right supernova?" i coo, using the nickname i've become quite fond of for her. she smiles up at me, blowing bubbles and saying something neither of us can translate. i put my hands out, picking her up and holding her against my chest. i dip my head down, pressing my lips to her nose which causes her to giggle sillily.

"i was thinking we could have a little bonfire tonight? it's supposed to be a bit cooler than it has been," i offer to indigo, making her smile as she stands up next to me.

"that sounds nice, yeah."

once the fire is going, indigo brings nova out, who's wrapped in a soft blanket. i had spread out a small blanket on the grass, and am sitting down as i feel the warmth from the fire. indigo walks over and sits in my lap, with nova in hers. i wrap my arms around the two, holding the two most important people close to me.

"how did i get so lucky?" i murmur, my heart unbelievably full in this moment. indigo hums against me , turning her head to look up at me.

"you simply got what you deserve, calum. you deserve everything," she says quietly, making a warm feeling spread through my chest.

"i love you, flower.. so much," i whisper, bringing a hand to cup her jaw before pressing my lips to hers.

"do you remember the day we met?" she ask softly once our lips part. i smile, thinking about the nervous little girl i met that day.

"mhm," i respond, stroking her hair.

"you intimidated me. i had the biggest crush on you, and you simply stared at me. then the next day, you apologized for embarrassing me and complimented me. i was head over heels for you already and i knew it," she sighs, recalling this.

"i remember the moment i knew i loved you." i say. "it was at dinner with your mom. she told me all about your childhood and everything she described was just so... you. i loved before that moment, but it just all came crashing down then, i knew i was utterly whipped."

"god..." she murmurs, deep in thought. "i still can't believe you proposed to me during love is wild thing with kacey fucking musgraves," she says, making me laugh.

"those lyrics were perfect for us." i no, agreeing with her.

"sing to me?" she asks quietly. i let out a soft breath, squeezing her tighter against me, my hand moving to rest on nova in her lap.

as i begin to sing, indigo leans her head back, humming along with me. i cant help but feel as if the world stops turning. everything i so... perfect. indigo harper turned into indigo hood, and she gave me my angel, nova rae hood.

everything we went through, we did so together. she saved me, she taught me what love is, and i will spend every day showing her how grateful i am for that. and so, i continue singing our song to her, meaning every word to her as i do.

"comin' through the melody when the night bird sings,
love is a wild thing."

a/n

hi. so.. this is officially the last chapter of flower. this book has done things for me i never expected. it's helped me through the roughest parts of my life. you guys have helped me so much. i read every comment, i acknowledge every like. thank you so much.. words can't describe how thankful i am for this journey. i love you all so much. i'm going to continue working on mere, and i have a few other ideas i'd like to try, so i'd love it if you guys stayed around. my instagram is @sstormycal and you guys are always always always welcome to message me on there.

thank you❤️

kayl xx