75. New Orleans... worse than Mystic Falls?

Start from the beginning

- He should know, she tells me, looking guilty.

- I know he should know. I just don't know when he should know it, I reply to her before shrugging and sighing.

- Well, he knows that something is going on between us. I mean, it's the reason that he and I broke up, reminds me, Jeremy's big sister while lightly shaking her head.

- Yeah, but can't we just let ourselves enjoy one secret, selfish day before we destroy his? I say and ask her as I gently caress her cheeks. I see her smiling for a very faint second before she backs away a bit.

- Maybe we shouldn't...

- No, Elena. This is our time. It's never been right before but it is right now. Just one day? One day? I interrupt her again before asking her. I smile as the brunette smiles back. I hold up one finger and look at her with a pleading, puppy dog eyes.

OK, one day, agrees, Elena while nodding positively and smiling. I smile back brightly before she turns around. We walk up to the front door and I open it for her. Oh... The two of us stop abruptly as we see Stefan walking up the porch, followed by Gillian behind him. She is wearing a black dress, with black heels and her hair are well done for someone who goes to school... My niece stops next to her father when she sees Elena. she frowns angrily before scoffing and looking away as she shakes her head negatively. I watch her crossing her arms over her chest before seeing Elena frowning with guilt and sorriness. Hey, says, Elena to the both of them.

- Hey, answers, Stefan as there is a very awkward moment of silence between the four of us. Gillian continues to look away, angry.

- See you in history? tells, Elena. Stefan nods positively before the brunette walks out of the boarding house. She walks passed Stefan and Gillian, avoiding their gaze. It might be better this way for now... Stefan puts his hand in Gillian's back and gently pushes her inside the boarding house as he follows her behind.

- Hey, I tell them, lightly avoiding their look as I hold the door for them.

- Hey, responds, Stefan before I close the front door behind them. I turn around and face my brother and my niece. Stefan has his hands on his daughter's shoulders as he is standing up behind her. Listen, we need to talk, tells me, Stefan which got me to frown confused for a moment before looking serious.

Gillian's P.O.V.

Dad and I are sitting in the living-room, on a sofa as Damon is sitting on the one across from us. I let my father explaining to my uncle the possibility of Elena being sired to him. I don't know why dad wanted me here this morning. He could have explained all this without me being here...

- Sired? Really Stefan? asks, Damon with a disbelief tone. I see dad nodding while lightly shrugging. That is the most pathetic nonsense I've ever heard come out of your mouth, and you've said some crap in your day, replies, Damon with an upset tone as he isn't happy about what we explained to him. I roll my eyes, annoyed.

- Damon, it is not nonsense. It makes perfect sense actually. It was your blood that turned her, right? I mean, she's been different from day one because of you. You can't deny that, I tell and explain to my uncle with a serious tone while staring at him.

- Sure I can, Gillian, answers, Damon to me with an upset tone before he looks at my father. I finally got Elena to a good place about being a vampire. You two idiots can't stand that she's happy because of me, responds, Damon, getting mad. I was about to say something back to him but my uncle stops me, frowning madly. And don't deny it, Gillian. You're the one who threatened Elena and I if we would hurt Stefan, reminds me, Damon of my words. I sense my father looking at me.