𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Start from the beginning

he looked at himself in the mirror, frowning at the dark circles under his eyes. his skin was much more pale than its natural honey shade.

he hadn't been getting enough sleep due to his nightmares, and it hasn't been getting better after jeongguk ignores him. of course they would still sleep on the same bed, but jeongguk would always go to bed earlier or much later than taehyung would, face the other way, and not sing taehyung to sleep like he usually would.

the older sighed at his sad reflection, wanting to cry because of his ugly appearance. he brushed his teeth and did his skincare, applying makeup after, trying to make himself look better. he tried to smile to himself in the mirror, but almost gagged at how forced it looked.

he gave up after throwing a fit, he made the bed and opened the curtains, smiling slightly at the beautiful sight of the sun and the garden. he walked outside after tidying the younger's room, making his way to his own room to get dressed.

his heart stopped when he heard the distant sound of multiple people talking coming from the kitchen. he smiled and rushed downstairs, not minding that his shorts were too short or that his shirt was too big.

"and this guy started to strip-."

"mrs. jeon!" taehyung screamed before running to give her a big hug, hoping his foundation doesn't smear onto her fancy expensive dress (thank god for it being a beige-y colour).

"hey tae," she hugged him back. pulling him away but with his hands still around her, she smiled fondly. "i brought you a gift."

taehyung's eyes sparkled. mrs. jeon would always buy him and jeongguk gifts after mr. and mrs. jeon go overseas. taehyung would always get a beautiful snow globe.

and this year was no different. mrs. jeon got a snow globe out of her purse. they went to rome, and inside the snow globe there was the colosseum. the glitter resembled pieces of rubble.

"thank you mrs. jeon! it's so beautiful," taehyung said gratefully. mrs, jeon smiled and bent her legs to ruffle taehyung's hair.

"i'm glad you like it," a deeper voice spoke. taehyung's eyes widened and whipped his head to the direction of the sound. he saw mr. jeon standing at the entranced the house, taking his blazer off.

"mr. jeon!" taehyung placed the snow globe on the table before running into mr. jeon's wide arms.

"hello, taebear. did you miss us?"

"of course!"

mr. jeon smiled and let go of taehyung, but took his smaller hand into his own and led him to the kitchen.

"why don't you eat with us?"

"yay!" taehyung squealed. he hurried to get into a chair next to his mother, her smiling gently at taehyung's interaction with jeongguk's parents.

he looked at the dish in front of him: waffles with fresh berries grown by his mother.

he saw everyone about to dig in, and he was going to as well, but he noticed something was off.

"where's jeongguk?" he queried, looking at all the grown ups.

"he said he had to go to school earlier today. he already ate breakfast," mrs. kim answered.

"i just drove him there," mr. jeon added.

mrs. jeon's pretty face was furrowed in confusion, her wine coloured lips pulled down in a frown. "but wouldn't jeongguk tell you these things? i thought you two were close?"

that got all the parents confused as well.

why hadn't taehyung heard of this when jeongguk would always tell taehyung everything happening?