milkshak

Saku was connected to lucian by the hand as she pulled him into the coffee shop. It had the usual warm atmosphere, the strong scent of coffee clouding the small building.

The girl pulled him to the counter, bouncing up and down on her heels. She had to order for him. She even memorized his usual coffee order.

"A strawberry milkshake- Aaand- 24 shots of espresso!" She recieved a look of utter f e a r from the employee behind the counter.

"Um- We don't have milkshakes.." Unbeknownst to her, a menacing glare came from the tall male behind her. Despite being too shy to place his own order, he wouldn't hesitate to fight to get the poor girl a milkshake. "Er- Nevermind.."

"Extra cherries, too, please!" She piped as she slammed the money Lucian had gave her onto the counter. The poor barista sighed, giving her the change, which she tucked right back into Lucian's coat pocket; All with a triumphant smile, of course.

After a while of waiting, she giddily skipped to a booth with the drinks, bouncing onto the seat as Lucian slid into the booth next to her, their hands still connected in an ever-so-slightly-sweaty mass.

She bounced up and down, grabbing one of the few maraschino cherries piled on top of the whipped cream of her milkshake. She held it in front of Lucian's mouth by the stem, looking up at him expectantly.

He smiled, biting it off the stem.

With that, she went to stick her plastic straw into the cup, drinking the milkshake. "I don't get how you drink so much coffee. It's so bitter.. It tastes kinda icky.."

"Well, I guess we just have different tastes, then." He placed his hand under her chin, brushing away a bit of whipped cream from the corner of her lips.