C13. Longevity Noodles

Start from the beginning

"Please don't, Aunt Qin!" Di Qiuhe barred her way swiftly. He looked very restrained, but actually he pulled her hand very hard and then continued to persuade her, "Chunhua was just exploited by someone. Her behavior of calling me bastard or alleging to blacklist me must be the result of the dissension a certain villain sowed behind us. If you fall into rage, things will go as he or she wishes. Nowadays, Board of Directors in Huangdu is in flux, which adds the difficulty for Dad to manage it. I suspect that it is to some extent caused by sabotage of the base person, so our top priority is to smoke out the villain and solve the problem. Chunhua is still young. You have a lot of time to teach her. By the way, you'd better make an investigation of people around Xiasong. Even Chunhua is surrounded by villains, let along Xiasong. He is a candidate the board thought highly of. There must be bad person around him. "

Shocked by Diu Qiuhe's penetrating words, Qin Li sensed clearly the villain he mentioned was nobody but her. In addition, he talked of the turbulence in Huangdu as well as the strain on Di Bian to manage the company in the first place, and then referred to that the directors fix their mind on Xiasong as their favorite and that anything should not go wrong with him. He was actually driving a wedge between Di Bian and her!

She finally finds that things are quite wrong with the stepson. With her eyes dropped, she examined his facial expressions inch by inch with a critical eye, and drew her hand out, "Qiuhe, let go of me. Where do you hear the rumor? You are as innocent as a child. Be careful not to be taken in by others' plot of sowing discord."

Di Qiuhe loosened his hand and slightly leaned to one side, with his back against the staircase. The original air of tenderness disappeared from his face, and an abominable smile revealed. With his body askew, he pointed with his finger at the direction of the staircase on the second floor, and then put on a gentle disguise again when Qin Li's expression changed all at once. He offered his apology, "I know you would say so ... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bypass you and present the cancellation to Dad. I tried to reach your assistant several times but no one answered the phone, so ... But there's no need for you to get worried. After this thing is done, I will try to pay fewer visits to Dad lest the board stirs more trouble. "

When hearing his words, Qin Li's heart almost skipped a beat. How perfect his trick was--- avoiding the focus and then making concessions in order to gain advantages! Her calculation to get sympathy from Di Bian as well as to throw mud at Di Qiuhe couldn't work at all under his words. In addition, he had also sowed discord between she and Di Bian! What happened to the boy who had been cowardly and timid before? Since when had he become so sharp-tongued!

She subdued her dissatisfactions, lifting one hand to touch his hair, and said in a gentle voice, "You silly boy, how could it comes that I should blame this on you. Leave those of the board alone. They are merely a group of clowns who make trouble. Later on, you are still the legitimate successor to Huangdu."

Di Qiuhe also smiled when he dodged her hand without the least hesitation, with his smile shut off. "You don't have to lie to me. I understand I have no chance to inherit the company. Saying this is totally not my original intention, but now that I'm leaving, I can't help worrying about my dad. "

A flicker of anguish gradually appeared on his mouth, "I feel very tired and don't want to act any more. Eight years ago, I, 15 years old, was almost crippled by a thug outside the school, whose father turns out to be father-in-law of your assistant; six years ago, when I was 17, a rabid dog bit me at the thigh on my way home, and the dog owner is a crack agent working for you now; four years ago, when I was 19, my roommate enticed me to go clubbing and handed me a cigarette mixed with drug. His mother, however, serves as the head of Qin's Supermarket; three years ago, I signed a contract with Huangdu, only to find that my partner was a gay of disreputable character, nothing but a pretty face. If I had not gone solo in advance, my reputation would have been spoiled since then. In spite of this, his brother, a consummate villain as wicked as one could be, took up the post of hotel manager of Qin's Hotel at your cousin's invitation; and one month ago, I unknowingly offended a grandson of one board member and was thus directed against by that person in coalition with other directors. Consequently, my father had to give me up. I am not a fool, Aunt Qin. Everything you did couldn't escape my attention, but given that you are the person my dad loves, I am willing to make a concession and help you cover up your mistakes. But you really shouldn't blacklist me or purposely put obstacles in my way and refuse to terminate my contract. What I want is nothing more than being an actor. "