Sameer brought the car to a screeching halt at the side of the road.

"Kya... kya kaha tumne? Firse kaho..." He looked at her with narrowed eyes, sure that he had heard the faint words correctly.

Naina looked at him innocently, "Kya kaha? Maine kaha jhooth nahi bolti main toh... "

He interrupted her, impatient to hear what he wanted, "Woh suna... uske bad kya kaha?"

Naina tapped one finger to the temple, squinting her eyes, "Uske baad... umm... yaad nahi aa raha, Sameer..."

He held her wrist and pulled her to himself, circling her waist, "Bata rahi ho ya apne tareeke se puchun?"

He leaned closer...

"Bata rahi hun na", Naina pushed him... though she could not create much distance between them.

"Woh abhi abhi yaad aaya... maine kaha... ki... ki... " she stuttered.

Sameer started moving his fingers lightly on her waist... the thin fabric of her kurta didn't help and she could feel the hair behind her neck rise as the feeling moved up from her waist to her face.

"Main... maine kaha... " she gulped as Sameer continued his torture.

"Jaldi bolo nahi toh main aage kuch bhi kar sakta hun", he threatened in a husky voice.

She looked into his deep eyes, sighed, and said slowly, "Apni jaan se milne ke liye bahane banati hun... ye kaha."

He left her abruptly, falling back on the seat, eyes closed, one hand on the heart and the other still grasping her wrist.

"Naina, kab tak aise thoda thoda kar ke marogi..." He whispered.

"Achha... maine bola toh galat... aur tum jo mujhe har samay kuch kuch bolte ho?" She spoke up in defense.

His eyes flew open... turning his gaze towards her, he leaned, "Main jo karta hun woh sab kara karo na... kasam se... main tumhari tarah bhagunga nahi."

Her shy smile conveyed to him that she knew what he meant.

"Ab chalo... yahan sadak pe zyaada pyaar dikhane ki zaroorat nahi hai", she snatched her hand away, pushing him back to his seat.

"Toh kahan dikha sakta hun... zyada pyar?" His voice was raspy again, eyes turning darker.

Naina gave a pursed lips look to him...  and gestured towards the road.

Sameer took a deep breath and started the car.

After dropping her and seeing the sisters off in the rickshaw, he reached home, expecting to see his friends streched out in the living room, munching something.

Surprisingly, the house was quiet.

He peeped into the kitchen... it was empty.

Wondering if everything was fine, he ran to his room. Relief flooded through him as he saw Munna Pandit seated on the bed.

But their expression was not the usual happy and carefree one.

"Kya hua, Munna Pandit? Tum log aise chup chap kyon baithe ho?" He asked in a worried voice.

"Tu yahan aake baith... baat karni hai", Munna indicated the place near them,  without looking up at Sameer.

With his heart beating wildly with some unknown fear, Sameer settled on the bed, facing his friends.

Munna started, "Sameer, aaj tujhe bohot dino ke baad itna gussa karte dekha... hamein laga tha bhabhi ke teri zindagi mein aane ke baad woh pehle wala gussa tere andar se khatam ho gaya hai... lekin aaj wohi sab fir se nazar aaya."

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें