She brought his hand close to her face, placing her cheek on it. His eyes flew open. Her face rested on his palm, fitting completely into it , as her eyes looked faraway.

He was lost in the serene expression on her face.

Feeling his eyes on her, Naina looked at him. She stood up, pulling his hand to stand with her.

"Sameer, tum jante ho mere liye iss duniya ki sabse achhi jagah konsi hai?" Her eyes were shining.

He shook his head.

"Yeh", she held both his hands and brought them around her waist as she rested her head on his chest, placing her hands on his back.

Sameer gave up... his willpower collapsed... his arms tightened around her as he felt finally at home.

Her scent filled up his senses as his face buried in the soft skin of her neck... he had missed this fragrance, this softness, this warmth, this comfort... this heaven.

Naina breathed easy, he was out of his shell. She dug her hands in his back, pushing herself more into him, her way of telling him that she wanted his closeness as much as he wanted hers.

They stood soaking in each other's love as the minutes ticked by... neither wanting to let go.

Finally, Naina moved, stepping back a little, her arms still around him, and his holding her tight.

She looked up at him, "Sazaa khud ko de rahe the ya mujhe?"

He blinked... stunned at her question. How could she always understand everything so perfectly?

She raised her brows, question looming in her eyes.

He lowered his, hoping to hide the shame, the embarrassment.

"Naina, maine tumhe itna rulaya tha... mujhe laga tumse khud ko door rakhke mujhe khud ko yeh ehsaas dilana chahiye ki maine kitni badi galti ki hai", his voice was guilt ridden.

Naina placed a hand on his cheek, "Galti toh ki thi, Sameer, lekin uska ehsaas tumhe tabhi ho gaya tha... apne aapko aur mujhe itne din tak tadpane ki kya zaroorat thi?"

He looked at her in disbelief.

"Tum ya main koi bhagwan nahi hain... galtiyaan karte rahenge... lekin aise apne aap ko mujhse door mat karna... yeh bhi ek galti hai", her eyes had turned damp.

He realised she was right, "Naina, uss din tumhe gusse mein chod kar chala gaya jiski wajah se tumne khana nahi khaya aur behosh ho gayi... tab raat bhar main sochta raha ki jo bhi hua meri wajah se hua... tumhari takleef, tumhara dard, tumhari behoshi... sabka kaaran main hun... isliye mujhe laga ki agar main tumhe khushi nahi de sakta toh khud ko sazaa deni chahiye... aur tumse door rehne se badi sazaa mere liye koi nahi hai. Par aaj tumhari baaton ne fir ek baar mujhe galat sabit kar diya... sazaa dene se zyaada galti sudharna zaroori hai... main fir kabhi door nahi jaunga tumse."

He lowered his head and placed a kiss each on her eyes, "Inme bas khushi aur pyaar dekhna hai mujhe... hamesha."

And she gave him what he wanted to see... her eyes filled with love for him.

Sameer took a deep, satisfied breath, "Kaise tum mere man ki har baat jaan jati ho aur sahi rasta bhi bata deti ho?"

Naina wrinkled her nose, "Sorry, kuch zyaada hi teacher ban jaati hun na? Har samay sikhati rehti hun."

The glint was back in his eyes, "Jo tumhe aata hai woh tum sikhao jo mujhe aata hai woh main sikhaunga."

She laughed, "Achha... aur kya aata hai tumhe jo mujhe sikhaoge?"

His one hand instantly went behind her to rid the hair of its restricting band, the other one clutching her waist tighter.

His nose dipped into her hair as he brought his lips close to her ears, "Mujhe jo aata hai woh tumhe dheere dheere pata chalega."

Naina felt the knot in her stomach suddenly grow enormous... so much that she found it difficult to breathe... her heartbeat went completely haywire as goosebumps erupted all over...

His lips touched her ear as she felt his hand moving to her nape, fingers lightly brushing against the skin, making the tiny hair stand.

Her hands clutched his shirt tight.

"Kitne mushkil the yeh teen din mere liye... tum samne thi aur main... " His voice was muffled against her hair.

She wound her hands around his neck, tilting her head back to look at him, "Mere liye bhi."

His eyes took in the beautiful face, her brown eyes, thick lashes, her cute button nose, porcelain cheeks, plump lips... his gaze got stuck on those lips as he remembered their feel...

Seeing where his eyes were focussed, Naina missed a beat... seeing the hunger that descended in his eyes, she missed several...

Hiding her face in his chest, she tried to control her erratic breathing.

Sameer sighed, kissing the top of her head as he held her close. He didn't want to force her... ever.

He will have to wait again.

As they sat leaning against the tree a little later, her head resting in the crook of his arm, she looked at their intertwined hands, "Ab toh maaf kar diya na khud ko?"

He followed her gaze to their hands, "Maine toh isliye kiya ki tum mujhse door nahi reh paa rahi thi."

There was a silence for a few seconds before she punched him on the chest.

He laughed, "Arre, isme gussa hone ki kya baat hai... sach bolo, kya tum nahi chahti thi ki main tumhare kareeb aaun?"

Not getting any reply, he held up her face, two fingers under the chin. Her face was red, as expected.

He raised his brows in question and Naina hid her face in his chest, breathing heavily right over his heart.

His hand came back in the soft hair as he whispered, "Dil ki baatein bata deni chahiye... agar tum keh dogi toh fir main bhi tumhe bataunga ki mere dil mein kya hai."

She did not move, knowing fully well that she could not hear whatever he had in his mind, not yet.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें