Human's normally do not get to interact with their offspring until they are born.... another thing human's do not know they are missing.

Though it is a bit odd and unusual to me, I still loved it, as it allowed me to make sure the sparkling was alright.

I made sure my mind went blank, feeling Jazz reach out.

We are talking later, you are not getting out of that conversation. He thought, making me frown before I focused on the conversation, unconsciously borrowing Jazz's hearing to pick up all the words, even though he did not seem very pleased with me.

I winced slightly at that.

"Senator, I suggest you remember that when the NSA wants funding they call me. When the CIA is gonna take out a target, they ask first for my permission. And when the President wants to know which members of Congress are politically vulnerable in terms of, let's say, undiscovered criminal conduct, I'm the number he dials." Mearing was speaking quickly into a phone.

Mearing isn't that bad, better than Mr. Annoying, which I was pleased to hear was stationed in Antarctica for his awful work.

I still found that amusing.

Mearing hung up the phone, walking forward with a purpose, Lennox closely following, "CIA is up my ass about this mystery raid in the Middle East. So, it's time to come clean. Was your unit involved?" She questioned.

I saw Mirage looking a bit embarrassed, making me wonder if he hitched a ride with Bumblebee and the others after the end of the mission he was on with Jazz.

Jazz seemed amused by Mirage's reaction, leading me to believe that must have been what happened.

"Ah... I'm not sure, ma'am." Lennox stuttered.

I had forgotton, while those of us at base have met Mearing before, those on missions have not, so this was probably the first time Lennox met Mearing.

Which is why I winced, oh, you do not call Mearing a ma'am.

Mearing sounded a bit more annoyed as she spoke once more, "As Director of National Intelligence, I'm a really big fan of intelligent answers." She snapped.

"I can't really tell you definitively. These Autobots are like teenage kids. They like to sneak out of the house every once in a while." Lennox said.

I coughed, thinking of how I 'sneaked out of the house' quite often.... for days on end and I have never spent a night on this base.

"Colonel Lennox, are you in command or are you not?" Mearing said, turning sharply to Lennox, her voice becoming even more snappy.

"Yes, ma'am, I am. I-" Lennox stuttered, seeming shocked by the flip in Mearing's actions.

"Stop with the ma'am. Enough with the ma'am. Do I look like a ma'am?" Mearing snapped, making me wince.

I remember when Que called her a ma'am. I found it most amusing, watching from my wall, as she verbally attacked an autobot, which leaned away from her.

Most of the autobot's on base developed a healthy respect for the human female.

"No, ma'am. Ye- Yes, ma'am. Yes." Lennox stuttered, trying to find the right words to say.

I nodded my helm once to Mearing, who nodded back, turning once more to walking, Lennox looking at me with wide eyes. Oddly enough, I was one of the few on base who actually could get along with the female when she visited. Most didn't understand how I could, but I knew earth customs better than most and understood Mearing had an important job and took it seriously.

Though I wouldn't call us friends, I could communicate with the government official without suddenly irritating her.

Probably part of the reason she helped in covering up the Brains problem.