INTRO | Dear Readers ...

A Fairies of Mill Pond note to earlier readers of the Fae Perspective:

This particular short story collection about fairies is one for our younger readers. It takes place during what humans might logically construe as the very same time period where a previous reader could already have found the implings that live in the Morook Mountain Range on Meath are busy contending with complications from 'naught' by the Eldwahr of the Clan, in the Village of Whispers. However, the folks who are human—here—could be very wrong.

In spite of that wrongness—as your narrator, River, I wish you to know—in another sense, they might also be right!

You see, when a fairy uses a portal, the fabric of life is such in our world that fairies can easily transport at will by the exact same density differential as the space between atoms is measured (that is if fairies and humans were to stand in the same place—or at least to be clear, if they were to hover at the same point on the land and in the same time).

To understand this more simply, a fairy is born in very high frequency form, and as such is impervious to the actual motion of movement where time is concerned—while humans have more time-conscious limits and live in very much heavier lives. (To say humans are 'dense' would not be an insult in this case, but much more of a literal truth.)

Though it is entirely possible for fairies to use, say the energy field around a special part of a tree, for example, to anchor themselves and thus expand or condense so as to be either large (and spread out) or (so condensed and) so small that they exist completely invisible to almost all human eyes (or perhaps that would be 'minds', for human-shrinking is hard, and you would be wise if you chose to believe human-shrinking not to be likely, at all) you can see the same thing would not be as expected to happen if a human were the one to be hugging the tree.

So, as you can now quite probably deduce, this density differential could also easily cause some extremely sensitive humans to become much confused about the difference between some of their angels and fairies, especially in times close to holidays on Earth that find angels more common.

And so, it is decreed, and for the purpose of this fairy story, the fairies from Mearth will promise to visit as the very small kind, and thus they will also stick to a regular pattern of trips most often from the very same portal they find in Mearth (discussed in our other story mentioned before) and enter and leave from the Billibong Botanical park here on Earth, where today the portal is known as the Mill Pond (and in this time and place it is where their flux of 'smoke' leads only the very best high-frequency fairies here from a very deep space in the roots of a very tall pine tree on the edge of a cliff in a very far land).

[You should also know, depending on season, and since finding this page, if you've been keeping your own self optimistic (high-frequency) lately, you might just be standing or sitting near to one now, so keep your best awareness around you!]

You just never know when, completely by accident, a fairy will venture away from the Billibong Park in search of a path through the trees to find the very same Mill Pond where Mearth is close by—the invisible realm vibrating ever so fast and right in your present.
—/

Yes, it's confusing sometimes...

(Did you understand?)

Until next posting, as soon as that is...

As always, Cheers from here, in the hole in the woods,
:) ~Wez

As always, Cheers from here, in the hole in the woods, :) ~Wez