Chapter 10: N.C.V (Night Club Virgin)

Start from the beginning

I make my way to the dressing rooms and change quickly.

"Hey, Brooke," Saxon says, walking out at the same time as I do.

"Saxon. Ready for another Saturday night?"

"Bring it on, baby. I'm wearing my chastity belt. No one is getting their hands down my pants tonight."

His comment brings back the memory of a touchy-feely customer who tried to get too flirty with him yesterday, causing me to laugh.

"Chastity belt, hmm?"

"You want to see it?" he asks, waggling his eyebrows at me.

"I'm good," I grin back. "I'll take your word for it."

Saxon hasn't flirted with me for the past two and a half weeks, but right now it feels like he is again. This time, it doesn't freak me out. Saxon has become my buddy. He's always talking to me and cracking jokes. I look forward to working with him as much as I do the other bartenders. Plus, I've learned a thing or two about putting guys in their place, courtesy of watching Layla and Cat interact with their customers. I trust that if I tell Saxon to dial it back, he will.

The two of us joke around on our way to the bar, but I stop when we see Linc heading towards us in suit pants and a white silk shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

The semi-state of arousal I've been in on and off since I walked into Petticoat's becomes a full-blown inferno of need and lust and want. And as Linc's green eyes meet mine, and he smiles like he's missed me, it feels as if I'm trying a dance lift, only there's no one there to catch me and I'm free falling.

As much as I wish it wasn't the case, he is the reason I'm so aware of my body these days. All thanks to our one-on-one dance lessons which heighten my senses and leave me dangling over the cliff of arousal every time. My boss is careful about how much he touches me, and where. But I still struggle to school my features into passivity every time his hands are on me. Most of the time, Linc manages to ignore my reactions to him. But every so often, it's as if he's as affected as I am. Those moments are the ones where his eyes smoulder, his voice takes on a husky quality, and his touch is like a caress which leaves me aching for him long after we've finished dancing.

Linc takes a step towards me but stops, his smile fading a little as he registers Saxon's presence.

"Saxon, Brooke," Linc says, looking from me to Saxon and then back to me again.

"Hi," I say.

"Linc," Saxon says, holding his fist out for Linc to bump.

Linc's expression nearly causes me to burst out laughing. I don't think Saxon has figured out Linc isn't into blowing fists up.

"Can't wait to see the moves Tease pull out tonight," Saxon says. "Hey, do you guys do try-outs? Because if you ever need someone, I know how to dance."

Saxon does some weird dance thingy, and I put a hand over my mouth to smother my laughter.

Linc looks at me and quirks an eyebrow, which would make me laugh harder, except that I'm now noticing how tired he looks. And his hair is a mess, like he's been running a hand through it in frustration.

If it was a weekday, and it was just the two of us, I know Linc would share what's wrong if I asked. When he let me in on the club finances, he let me into his world. He made me his confidante. We eat lunch together, work together and dance together four days a week. I like him and respect him more with each day, and I think he feels the same. We're friends, just like he wanted. But while there are other people around, we aren't friends – we're boss and employee.