Hey! How are you? Taehyung asks.

Jeongguk gives him a small smile. Im alright. You?

Great!

Jeongguk nods. Thats good, he murmurs.

Jimin watches this interaction closely, Dr. Jeon, do you have a crush on hyungie? Jeongguk knocks his elbow against the edge of the bed and curses. Taehyung reaches forward across the bed to steady Jeongguk when he wobbles.

W-why would you think that? Jeongguk stutters, holding his elbow and looking mildly distraught. He looks at Taehyung, whos still gripping his arm.

Im okay, Taehyung, he says, stepping out of his reach. Taehyung smiles sheepishly, settling back into his chair.

Im a kid. I know things, Jimin replies smartly. Jeongguk shoots Taehyung an unreadable look and moves over to the computer.

Did the nurse give you your meds yet? Jeongguk changes the subject quickly as he opens Jimins file on the computer. Jimin nods, cuddling with the Minion.

Made a new friend? he asks, rubbing his elbow and grimacing.

Jimin nods. Im gonna name it Dr. Jeon, he says and Jeongguks eyebrows shoot up. So when the real Dr. Jeon isnt here he can be my friend, he explains, like its as simple as that.

Taehyung rubs his chest. The feels, he bemoans, because the idea of Jeongguk being so comfortable and winning Jimin over makes his heart ache. Jimin always had something like a sixth sense and he could always tell when someone was good and not. If Jimin liked-- loved-- Jeongguk then Taehyung knew Jeongguk hadn't lost his kind heart.

Jeongguk scans over the screen, frowning. Taehyung doesnt know whether he heard Jimins comment or not, considering the intense focus on the monitor.

Dr. Jeon? Jimin asks, voice small. That seems to snap Jeongguk out of it. He looks up and smiles tightly at Jimin.

Sorry, kiddo. Mind if I talk to your hyung outside for a sec?

Jimin nods and Taehyung frowns, getting out of his chair,following after Jeongguk as he steps into the hall.

Whats wrong? Taehyung asks immediately, voice hushed.

Jeongguk sighs. His recent physical isnt as great as we were hoping. I think he must have either really exerted himself the last couple months or he just wasnt ready to begin with.

A twinge of anxiety creeps up Taehyungs spine. So what are you saying?

Jeongguk looks Taehyung right in the eye. I have to put him back in the wheelchair.

What?

Jeongguk shoots a wary look at the door, a warning for Taehyung to lower his voice.

Why? Taehyung asks, more quiet this time. He just got out of it. Do you know how happy he is when hes up and walking?

I know, Taehyung. Ive seen it. But I cant risk that for him right now. I want him to be as safe and healthy as he can. I wouldnt do this if I didnt have to.

And of course, Jeongguk is right. Taehyung cant protest. Hes not a doctor; he doesnt know anything. Hes going to be so upset, he says weakly.

I know that too. But I need you on my side here, okay? If were both on the same page itll be easier for him to accept it.

Yeah. Yeah, okay.

Jeongguk nods, setting his back straight and pursing his lips as they both walk back into the room.

Jeongguk crouches down so hes level with Jimin.
Were you guys having a super secret adult talk? Jimin asks curiously. Jeongguk gives Taehyung
a look.