"do you know what the man looked like?" jongin questioned as they began to make their way down the street baekhyun still clutched onto his arm.

"n—no," baekhyun let out a sob, "i didn't get a good look."

"that's okay," jongin reassured, "it's good that you got away."

baekhyun nodded as he sniffled away some new forming tears, "thank you, you're so kind." baekhyun smiled softly, not letting his grip on jongin's arm go, not wanting him to slip away.

"don't mention it." jongin returned the smile, finding the smaller's clinginess a little awkward but he could tell he was frightened.

"my boyfriend works down here." jongin spoke up as he recognised the street.

baekhyun fought the urge to roll his eyes, "oh, that's nice," he sniffled, "it just gets scary at night."

"yeah, i understand." jongin reassured.

baekhyun soon slowed down when they were at the bookstore, "that's me here." he smiled weakly.

"oh, okay," jongin nodded, "you live up there?" he questioned when baekhyun nodded.

"my boyfriend works just below you then." jongin smiled.

"can you walk me to my door?" baekhyun asked, "i know it's so silly to ask, i just—"

"no, no," jongin insisted, "it's fine."

baekhyun was at the steps that lead up to his apartment, he stopped and turned to the taller male, his eyes no longer filling with tears, his expression no longer frightened.

it was blank.

"do you love him, jongin?"

jongin opened and closed his mouth, he didn't remember telling the smaller male his name, "e—excuse me?" he furrowed his brows as he croaked out the question.

"do you love kyungsoo?" baekhyun asked, his serious eyes never leaving jongin's face.

jongin didn't know how the hell this stranger knew his current boyfriend's name either, "y—yes." he mumbled. he didn't know what else to say, his heart was beginning to pound in his chest, his stomach starting to churn, something about the stranger didn't feel right.

especially since this male was so distraught a couple seconds ago and now he was fine, as if he just took off a mask.

"i need to go." jongin stumbled away, turning away from the male that left a bitter feeling in his gut.

before jongin could get too far baekhyun grabbed the old plank of wood that sat beside his steps, he saw no use in it until now.

jongin fell to the ground at the sudden impact on his head, the world spun around him but he knew who it was from, he tried his best to stand back up and get away.

baekhyun watched him struggle with heavy breaths, it was amusing. it left a fluttering feeling in his stomach, a residue of excitement.

would jongin fight back? would he run?

baekhyun stared with intensive eyes as he watched jongin try to choose the latter but struggled to stand. baekhyun let out a loud laugh at that.

"pathetic."

the wooden plank met the back of jongin's head once more before the tall male was left unconscious.

baekhyun dropped the plank, a smile resting on his features. maybe this was a way of getting rid of jongin.

he grabbed the unconscious male's legs and started to drag him to his apartment and then hauled his limp body up the stairs with grunts and groans.

he didn't let him land nicely on his living room floor, he tossed him down with a loud thud.

it wasn't exciting now. staring at shut eyes and closed lips that were no longer blurting out confused questions.

the adrenaline rush from before left him shaken, but addicted.

he needed more.

he grabbed whatever he could find to restrain the taller, he wrapped his wrists together and feet together with black tape.

with a pleased sigh, he made his way into his kitchen, pouring himself a well deserved glass of wine. he then plopped himself down on the white couch in his living room.

a front row seat for watching jongin wake up.