Chapter 25: Needed Food

Start from the beginning

"I know." Alicia giggles sitting down next to me. "Her puke looked like what she'd been drinking all night."

I make a face and run my hands through my hair.

"You should have heard some of the stuff she told me about her and Michael."

She widens her eyes.

"No way! What did she say?"

"They've been engaged for almost 2 years, and she thinks Michael doesn't want to marry her."

"Whaaaat?" She shakes her head.

"Yeah, they had like an argument about her costume before they came out. She was trying to say she'd be dead by the time they get married."

"Fuck." Alicia laughs. "I mean, its not funny, but the costume was a good idea."

I laugh softly and then make a face.

"I blurted out I was cheated on by Jace and then she started saying she wouldn't know what to do if Michael cheated on her."

"Fucking hell Sam!"

"I know." I frown. "I wasnt thinking... I felt like shit hearing what she had to say... knowing Michael has cheated on her."

"Damn, well maybe it's a good thing shes not married to him."

"Yeah, but I could see how badly she wants to be married to him, and how she doesn't understand why Michael isn't helping her with the planning or setting a date."

"Because of you." She smirks.

I give her a look and shake my head.

"I've only known Michael for a few months. They've been engaged almost 2 years. I'm not the reason hes not marrying her."

"Maybe you're some of the reason now? Let's face it, he obviously doesn't want to marry her if he keeps putting it off... and cheating on her."

"I dont know." I roll my eyes. "I don't know what goes through his fucking head. That's their business. It's got nothing to do with me."

She nods.

"Yeah it's weird. Why is he still engaged with her if he doesn't want to marry her?"

"We dont know that though."

She raises an eyebrow.

"He fucked you. Of course he doesn't want to marry her."

"Like I said, it's their business. I dont really care." I shrug.

"Hmm." She gives me a look.

I stand up.

"I've got too much on my mind at that moment. The last thing I want is to be thinking about their engagement."

"Ok." Alicia raises her hands and smiles.

"I'll see you out there." I smile, putting my hair in to a messy bun ready to work.

I serve customers and clean some tables. Surprisingly we aren't that busy today, so my shift goes a bit slower than usual.

I start seating some customers and then see Michael walk in. I sigh and he looks over at me and smiles. I smile and walk over to him. He quickly glances up and down my body.

"Hey."

"Hi Sammie." He grins and looks in to my eyes. "Just a table for one."

I give him a look and grab a menu.

"Dont call me that." I turn around to take him to a table.

He smirks and follows behind me. I feel his eyes all over me and I try not to look back at him. I take him over to a table and he sits down. I hold the menu out to him.