Then out of no where, the indistinct chatter that blared from the television shifted into an irritating hissing of static.

The frowning man lifted his glasses up the bridge of his nose, his thick eyebrows scrunching at the annoying sound. But suddenly, a voice, an all too familiar voice echoed throughout the apartment.

"Hello?"

That sounded like... No, that couldn't be.

Gwen?

🕸

Gwen Stacey stumbled on her feet once she landed on the cold marble floor.

Her skull was throbbing, her body was shaking, fingernails digging into her clenched fists. Gwen's vision was slowly coming back to her, color filling the darkness.

Pushing herself off the floor, her muscles slightly protested. As she stood on her feet, Gwen really looked at where she was. She was in a bedroom, the walls were painted light pink, too girly for her taste.

This wasn't possible, Gwen thought. She was literally just in an alleyway in Queens. Swinging her way to escape from the clutches of the police force who'd always misunderstood her intentions.

How did she end up in someone's room out of nowhere?

She could recall something odd happening to her in less than a fraction of a second. It all happened way too fast that she didn't have time to react even with her spider senses buzzing in her head. She was engulfed by something, literally taken over and dragged by something. Did I seriously just teleport? Gwen incredulously thought to herself, raising her arms to inspect them. The smirk on her cheek was quick to dissipate and a gasp escaped from her lips.

She wasn't wearing her Spider-Woman suit. Her hand moved all over her body in panic, and she ran to the vanity that stood a few feet away from her and she almost cringed at the sight when her eyes met with her reflection.

The blonde girl was donned in a pink summer dress.

Gwen knew something was wrong, because she never wore pink or dresses for that matter. Ever.

But more importantly.. Where the hell was her suit?!

What really gave her a stun was the picture taped to the side of the vanity's mirror. It was a picture of her. A picture of Gwen.

'Is this.. Is this my room?'

Gwen began to panic at the confusion. This was definitely not her room. But why was it littered with pictures of her?!

This wasn't just anyone's room. It was hers.

A familiar buzzing in her head alarmed her, her sixth sense informing her that someone was in this house with her.

"Hello?!" She called out, hoping to find out what the hell was going on.

Loud footsteps echoed through the hallway, and Gwen quickly took a defensive stance at the sound of their rush.

The bedroom door, her bedroom door swung open. And Gwen sighed at relief to find it was her dad on the other side.

George couldn't believe his own eyes. Gwen, his daughter was standing right in front of him. "Are you-" He choked out, his glasses turning foggy from the heat of the tears that filled his eyes. "Is this real?"

"Dad?" Gwen furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of her father. He somehow looked..different. He had more wrinkles. It was like he aged and the years haven't been kind to him. But that was impossible, she saw him this morning and he looked nothing like this.

"Gwen." His lower lip trembled as he took in the sight of her. She was wearing the same outfit as the..as the day he lost her. He walked up to her, approaching her with unsteady feet.

With a harsh gulp, Gwen looked around them. "How did I-Where are we?" She asked, but he didn't reply, like he was in a daze, unable to focus on what she's saying.

"If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up." His lips stretched into a heart wrenching smile, the tears accumulating in his eyes finally streaming down his cheeks.

Gwen's eyes widened. Her father was crying for some reason. She'd never seen him cry before. "What are you talking about? Dad, you're confusing me." She strided towards him, holding his hand, desperate to understand what's going on.

At the warmth touch of her hand, George's eyes widened, as if he was snapped out of a dream. "You're really here." He gasped.

"Yeah, I am, where else would I be?" Gwen asked, with a hint of sarcasm in her tone. "But seriously, I swear, the weirdest thing just happened to me."

Seeing that her father was still in shock at her appearance, he looked like he was about to get a heart attack. "Dad, are you okay?"

"I thought I lost you."

Face pinched in utter perplexity, Gwen tilted her head. "What do you mean-?" She was cut short when the former Captain Stacey engulfed her in a hug. His shaky arms wrapped around her, almost cutting her air supply. Her fair brows lifted, unable to comprehend where he was coming from.

"-But you're home now." He finished, sniffling.

Gwen was about to say something, about to ask what the hell he was talking about, but the words got stuck in her throat when she looked out the window.

"Are we in Paris?"

A/N:-

Hey guys XD

This is just the prologue. Don't worry, Peter will be appearing soon!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.