1 ~ 午前3時の呼び出し

I remember it like it was yesterday.

It had been a year after high school graduation. Summer came and passed, so did autumn and winter. Eventually summer came again, and autumn followed like every year.

It was late autumn when the incident occurred. I was laid out on my bed in the new apartment; my eyes were focused on the window on the right side of the room. The glass took up most of the wall, allowing me a view of the steel structures reaching up to the sky. Stormy grey clouds smeared themselves across the sky, holding the sun and all its warmth and light hostage. I missed the sun and its warm kisses on my skin. Even when the sun made an appearance this time of year, it gave little warmth.

As I thought about my distaste of autumn weather, she popped in my head. And speak of the devil; the sound of the door being unlocked and opened echoed throughout the empty apartment. There was no question as to who it was.

I sat up, running a hand through my black, collarbone length hair. I knew I most likely looked a mess, but she never cared. She wasn't critical, and that was one of the reasons I loved her; hard to find a person who will stay unconditionally loyal, unconditionally loving.

Then there she was, in the bedroom doorway, looking like everything I was not.

She was tall and slender, her skin porcelain and her hair dark waves that fell to her thighs. Happiness brightened her dark, narrowed eyes, a smile on her pink lips. She was dressed in a black leather jacket, black jeans, and black boots that laced up to her knees. A small, black velvet box grasped in her perfectly manicured hands. In every aspect, she was my dark goddess, yet she was the one who lit the path so I could see.

"Ohayo!" She bowed slightly, as was our country's custom. I quickly observed she should of also removed her her boots before entering my home, as was another custom. She had already noticed this error.

"I am very sorry!" She suddenly exclaimed. "I am just so excited, I didn't even notice I hadn't removed my boots!"

I waved a hand dismissively. "It's not a big deal, Mitsu. Just come here, I've missed you."

With that, she rushed forward, throwing her arms around me. The force of her body crashing into mine forced me onto my back, onto my bed. Now Mitsu was on top of me, clinging to me as if her life depended on it. Now that I look back, it really did. I should of never let go of Mitsu, the sweetest, most selfless thing in my life. Instead I was a bitch. Always a bitch.

Mitsu had laid sweet kisses on the cheek, down to my neck.

"I love you." I whispered, brushing my fingers through her silky hair. My eyes drifted over to see the box she had held. It was now laying on the bed beside us. I placed a hand on her shoulder, slightly pushing her away.

"What's that?"

Mitsu pulled back, looking over to the box. "Oh yeah. One reason I was so excited." With that, she crawled off of me, allowing me to sit back up. She crawled off the bed, grabbing the box.

"We've been together for a very long time." She said, her eyes sparkling as she looked at me.

"Mhm." Was all I said. I crossed my legs lotus style, giving Mitsu a small nod.

She bit her lip slightly. "Friends for even a longer time." With that, she opened the small box.

Laying on a bed of velvet was one of the most gorgeous necklaces I've ever seen. Along the delicate, silver chain was a tiny constellation of diamond stars; the centerpiece was a crescent moon carved out of glittering moonstone.

I exclaimed lightly, as if all the oxygen had been sucked from my lungs. My hands clasped together and I looked from the necklace to her perfect face.