Chapter 1 - The Note

This takes places just after series 3. Lief and Jasmine's children are only a couple of years old. Anna is 5 and Jared and Endon are both 3.

Lief and Jasmine are somewhere in their twenties, maybe 23. And Barda is in his late thirties/early forties.

It hasn't been long since Lief, Jasmine, and Barda returned from their quest to restore the Belt of Deltora.

In that time, they have grown and the kingdom has started to recover from the evil that the Shadow Lord inflicted on the land.

Lief and Jasmine married. They had a daughter named Anna, and twin boys named Jared and Endon. Barda married Lindal just a weeks ago.

*****

"Hey, Lief?" Jasmine asked, walking into the king's study. It was a moderate-sized room with a small balcony. A large bookshelf covered on side of the room and Lief sat at the desk in front of it.

"Yeah?" Lief replied, looking up from what he was doing. It was late at night and Anna, Endon, and Jared were in bed.

"I've been meaning to tell you about something..."

Lief was alert in an instant. He had learned from his travels with Jasmine when she was troubled. "What is it?"

Jasmine pulled a small piece of parchment from a pocket in her dress. "This was addressed to me from Tora."

Dear Jasmine,

It has come to my attention that you had a mother named Anna, and a father named Jared. And that they were taken to the Shadowlands by Grey Guards from the Forest of Silence in the south-east of Deltora.

I write to you now to tell you that I was born in the Shadowlands...and that my mother's name was Anna as well.

I have attached a picture of her to this note. Do you recognise her? Is she your mother as well? I have a feeling in my stomach that I cannot shake. And it tells me that you and I are brother and sister.

 And it tells me that you and I are brother and sister

Please respond as soon as you can. If you truly are the person I seek, I would like to meet you away from the prying eyes of Del.

Good Fortune

~Pluto

Hey, guys!

What do you think? Can the "Pluto" be trusted? Or is he a minion of the Shadow Lord? What will this lead to? I can only promise suffering and surprises!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! This is my first Deltora Quest fanfic!