Chapter 6: Shadow Falls

Start from the beginning

"Relax girls. We're fine....I hope." I muttered that last part. I looked around for any more bears. We walked down a trail til we saw something green in the distance. "Is that it?" Kacey asked. She took off running. "Kacey wait!!" Angel yelled, running after her. Me and Andre looked each other. We ran after them. Then Kacey gasped. "Oh my stars. It's so beautiful!!" She said. Angel squealed. "It's magnificent." She said. I walked over to the waterfall and looked down. Angel came beside and crouched down. She leaned over a little bit too far and nearly fell. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her back. "Whoa." I said. She looked up at me. He big brown eyes were so beautiful. "Oh um. Thanks." She said. Angel wiggled our of my hold and looked down. "How deep do you think it is?" She asked. "Uh no one knows." Andre said. He looked at me. My arm still tingled from Angel being in them. "I wanna swim in it just from looking at the water." Kacey said. "Me too." Angel said. "Well um there's a lake around here that's good for swimming." I said. They looked at me. I nodded. "Follow me." I said. We walked around the waterfall and into the distance.

"It's so nice

"It's so nice." Kacey said. "Oh my God. It's so beautiful." Angel said. I looked at her. Her eyes welled up. I wiped her tears away. She looked up at me. "Thanks." She said, as she wiped her face. The girls took more pictures. "Okay Kacey. I think it's time for us to go." Angel said. "What?" I asked, looking at her. "You guys don't wanna stay?" Andre asked. "Yeah I wanna stay a little bit longer. After all, nature is beautiful." Kacey said. "Well I can't stay. I'm supposed to be going hunting with Alpha soon." Angel said, as she turned around. Kacey took more pictures. I ran after Angel. "Wait Angel. You can't go back!!" I yelled. She looked at me. "I mean you can't go back without someone with you." I said, quickly. "Riley thanks for your concern but I can take care of myself." She said. "Angel I won't you go back by yourself. I wouldn't be a good friend if I let that happen." I said. She smiled. "Then come on." She said. I looked back at Andre and Kacey. They stared at us.

"Riley?" Angel called. I turned around and walked over to her. We walked side by side with each other. I looked down at her. I really wanted to put my arm around her but I fought against that impulse. "So Riley..." Angel said, suddenly. "Yeah?" I said. "How was prison for you?" She asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Like what was it like, being in there?" She asked. "Hell. It was pretty boring." I said. "Oh. Nothing happened to you huh? Well that's good." She said. "No things happened to me." I said. "Are the rumors of not dropping the soap true?" She asked. I nodded. "Yep. But I never dropped it." I said. "Well that's good. We're you scared?" She asked, curiously. "At first..." I said. "What happened?" She asked. I looked at her. "What's with the twenty questions?" I asked. She grew silent. I guess my turn made it sound like I was mad. "I don't mean it like that Angel. Nothing much happened to me. I was almost raped at least six times before the inmates gave up trying." I said. I looked at her.