Chapter 15:  A Day That Phyra Enlist in School at the Village of Polly.

Start from the beginning

"Papa's right, Phyra." Efnir chided in, as she shows a smug expression. This brat, when did I offer that she is my daughter? "You should say his name properly."

"But Phyra likes to call papa a papa! Because Papa is papa! And that will always be, right? Papa?" clinging to me, Phyra utter and look directly into my eyes.

Seriously, I'm quite used to call papa by this brat. "Whatcha think, papa?" Efnir chided. "I don't remember taking you as my daughter, shut up."

"Eh, papa's too awful! Stingy!" Efnir snarl at me as her arms crossed.

"I'm not stingy, and stop calling me papa." I dejectedly stated. "But elder sister is Phyra's sister, right? Why should papa decline call papa a papa?"

"It's because you're my only daughter here, Phyra." I answered and look at her. "Because you know that I'm your mom. Papa wanted to hide that I'm your elder sister—-"

"Stop saying things that will lead to misunderstanding." Before Phyra believes, I chatted out. "Eh, you're still hiding the fact about it, dear?" Efnir shows a playful grin at me.

"Shut up." I dejectedly answered. "Papa, elder sister, no fight!" Phyra goes between us. With her lips pouting, I smile after and pat her head. "Worry not. We're not fighting."

"Yeah, it's because papa is too stingy!" Efnir chided, as her arms wrapped around Phyra's torso. "How I wish I am your real mom, Phyra."

"Then, Phyra don't mind elder sister to be Phyra's mom." She giggles, cuddling onto Efnir. "Because Phyra is happy when papa and elder sister is here!"

Ah, such blissful expression she shows takes me to happiness as well. I really am grateful to pick Phyra, even if it means a little reluctant to think until now.

"Well, then... Mr. Paul. I think we should enlist Phyra at school right now." Efnir utters to me. At that time, I realized the excitement Phyra had when I say 'yes' to her wish.

"Okay then... let's enlist Phyra to school." I answered.

With that, we prepared all of the things needed to go to the village of Polly.

• • • • • •

>> Riding in an open carriage loaded with haystacks pulling by an Ostrich-like figure, we went to the Village of Polly, since I don't know exactly where the location is. The scenery of the whole surroundings, shown up through the field of greenery grasses and gentle gust of wind relaxes me.

Phyra looked at the whole place out of the town with her eyes open wide. "Amazing, amazing! Wonderful! Whoa!" her tail wiggles back and forth. She can't hide the fact to see the wondrous place of this world.

Now the sky fills with purplish blue, azure and lapis-lazuli hue, spreading above the wide horizon and brushes up with cirrus clouds.

Looking up above, I feel like this is really a fantasy world. "This world is amazing..." muttering out, Efnir gazes at me. "Really, is this not the kind of world you have as well, Mr. Paul?" she asked.

"No, this is entirely different." I answered. "Papa, what kind of world papa has?" Phyra then tilts her head at my side after. "My world? It fills with tall buildings and lots of vehicles. It's too noisy and has a heavy traffic during night and day."

The vivid feeling of remembering my world succumb me after. As the sound of cartwheel echoed to the rocky road, so as the feeling of longing to go back to Earth where I was born and rise. "There are no scenery like this, and no other people with different looks. Same people like the merchants and peddlers and other appearances of the people in the town of Jill."

I added. Efnir nods at me while gazing, and Phyra leans after while embracing me. "Phyra wanna see papa's world. Phyra wanna see papa's place where papa was born and raise. Phyra wanna know what world papa lives."

"I don't think you will like it there, Phyra. There are no dragons in my world. Your very own existence is just a myth, and everyone will just get curious about your existence."

Looking at her, my fingers grasp her hair and caress it gently. "I wanna protect you, Phyra. For this time, until you leave my side."

Stating those words, Phyra then look at me. "Papa." She calls.

"Hmmmm?" I asked. "Love you. Phyra always love papa. Phyra knows that papa will always be Phyra's papa."

Hearing those words made my chest feel warm. I can't help but to show a gentle smile at her. "Papa, papa is crying?" at that time, I didn't realize tears are forming into my eyes. Efnir then looks at me. "Really, you're crying, Mr. Paul." She groaned out.

"No, I'm not! I'm not crying!" I sniff out and look at both of them. "You two are both precious to me. A comrade, friend and a lovely daughter; I just can't imagine how lucky I am to meet you two. Thank you."

Efnir blushed and averts here eyes at me after. "Heh!? What—-what are you saying!? It's embarrassing!"

"Yeah, Phyra is glad because Phyra meets papa. Papa is kind and gentle, and makes Phyra warm. Phyra loves papa very much!"

Wide and warm smiles shown in Phyra's face after that and made me feel happy as well. Seeing that made me really assure to everything, because might the day comes for us to be separate, I'm sure she will find happiness.

Even without me, Phyra can manage to be happy on her own. As her father, I will watch her over and seek what makes her happy until the end.

Just because it ended doesn't mean that it will stay as it is. We might get a chance to see each other together if that day comes. I'm sure.

And as the gentle wind blew upon, so as the soft caress it gives to my cheeks as the carriage continue to move.

• • • • • •

>> We arrive at the village of Polly after. There are only few houses scattered around. Most of the villagers here are beastmen. There are humans and mixed races between human and beastman.

Going off the carriage, I pay for the ride but the driver didn't accept my payment. "It's my own way to help you. Worry not." He then gives a smile and goes off of his destination.

We then go to the school after to enlist Phyra. Efnir does the paperwork to admit Phyra into school. "When's Phyra's birthday?" she then look at me.

"Huh?" I utter, with such bafflement over. "Don't you know?" she asked. "Uh... I don't specifically know the answer because—-"

"Then, it will be the night at the winter solstice, then." Jotting down the thought she has, Efnir then pass the paper to the registrar. "Phyra, 3 years and 2 months, night at the winter solstice," the registrar reads what Efnir wrote.

The personnel then look at Phyra. "Hmmm... she doesn't look like a 3 year old to me, ma'am... uh..."

"She grew up so fast, but the way how she acts is like a toddler." Efnir muttered. Ah, that's right. Phyra still acts like a 1 year old despite of her middle school appearance. But not that I brag about it.

"Oh, I see then." The personnel accept the paper and give a stamp on it. "Phyra will attend school the day after tomorrow. The process of her class will be given right away so wait for a minute."

As the personnel leaves her post, Efnir looks at Phyra. "You can attend school the day after tomorrow." With a wide smile, she utters. "Whoa! I'm so excited!" Phyra jumps out of excitement all over after.

Looking at her, I just smile and think of the day when Phyra leaves the house to go to school. Such a blissful feeling, she will say 'I'm going' every morning.

That will be good, then.