Chapter 1: Mind Introducing Me?

Nino's jaw drops as Marinette carries a conversation with this guy. He thinks, who is he and what has he done with my sister?   It is not like Marinette to be this open to a stranger.

"Marinette, mind introducing me to your friend?" Nino says.

"Oh, sorry, Nino," Marinette says.

"This is Adrien Agreste, the guy I told you I met two years ago," Marinette explains.

"Wow, nice to meet you. I am Marinette's adoptive brother, Nino." Nino says.

"Nice to meet you too. I never knew Marinette has a brother," Adrien says.

" Marinette's parents adopted me from Jamaica when I was only six years old," Nino says.

   "He is older than me," Marinette tells Adrien.

      Nathaniel pulls up outside a section of condos.  He stops and presses the button to allow more people to enter the tour bus.  

     A  girl in a  plaid shirt and jeans enters the bus and takes a seat behind Nino.  Nino blushes when he sees her because he thinks she is cute.  He has never met her before today. 

    "Hey, everyone!  I am Alya Cesaire." Alya says.

    "I am Felix her boyfriend,"  Felix says as he takes a seat beside her.

   "I am Nino," Nino says.

  "Marinette Dupain-Cheng and this is my friend, Adrien Agreste," Marinette says.

      Adrien chuckles. He thinks it is funny Marinette introduces them both.  It is not like they are together or anything.

    " Well, you two certainly make a cute couple," Alya says.

     Adrien laughs at the same time as Marinette.  "We are just friends," Marinette says.

   "She is right we are not together," Adrien says.

   "Oh, sorry, I do not know why I thought differently," Alya says.

   " Where did you two meet?" Marinette asks.

   "We met at a Gala in Spain," Felix says.

   "Cool, Adrien and I met in an elevator," Marinette says.

   "Yes, and we have been friends ever since," Adrien remarks.

      "Am I the only single one on this ride?"  Nino asks.

      "Brother you know I am single and so is Adrien,"  Marinette says.

    As they travel down the road, Sabrina stands off to the side. She waves at them, and the driver pulls over.  

   Nathaniel recognizes her as someone on the passenger list. He can tell it is her because he recalls she bragged about her bright, orange hair. He lets her board the bus.

   Sabrina takes a seat beside Adrien and Marinette. Her boyfriend Max takes a seat on the other side of her.  Juleka sits alone. 

     The last stop of the day is a long way down the road.  The driver shakes his head in annoyance at the location. The last thing he wants to do is drive to the rich folk's side of town. It is not like he has a choice though since it is part of the job. 

     Sabrina, Max, and Juleka introduce themselves to the others.  

     Juleka jokes, "I am a single pringle."