𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 || 𝙒𝙊𝙈𝘼𝙉 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝙏𝙀

Start from the beginning

To think a werewolf hunt would bring these two together was insane to begin with.

But that was then, this is now.

Quinn was more than stubborn to convince herself that anyone knew her heart more than she did.

Maybe she was scared that if she let Sam Winchester in, she'd just end up hurt, despite protecting her heart from the hurt that was to come when Sam, Dean, and John left Jersey.

At thirteen years old, she barely processed loss. The empty feeling of it was too much to hold onto, so she manifested it to something better through time.

She was shipped to a foster home after that rescue, but she began to feel stuck each year that passed. So at the spur of seventeen, she darted off, moving from city to city to hunt the evil things that came crawling at night. Ghosts, demons, ghouls, you name it.  Quinn had all those kills up her belt notch. Surprisingly, she felt stronger, and she only got stronger. Finally, it felt like Quinn had a purpose in the world, that losing her mom wasn't the end of her story; but the beginning of a new.

"I couldn't have done it without you," She murmured to herself, smiling hopefully as she focused on the picture between her fingertips. "Or without your obnoxious sons... but I knew they only wanted to do good for you."

Quinn had no idea why she was speaking to a photo, but just seeing it came with the exchange of flooding memories.

Her thoughts immediately lead to Sam and Dean, curious as to how they grew to be, wondering if they still lived that hunter life, or perhaps found a way out.

She wondered if Sam went to college like he dreamed to. He was set on the idea ever since he was twelve years old actually, who knows maybe younger.

Suddenly, Quinn fell into the daydream that was Sam Winchester. He really had a plan for himself, something he wasn't sure his dad would exactly agree with, but still knew would be his fate. One day.

As his close friend, she felt like she had done him completely wrong not calling once when he had left a phone number. Now, if Quinn were to call the number, the line would only be dead by now anyway. It didn't take long for her to realize that hunters moved like the wind when it came to hopping from case to case, and another motel room after the other. Only so much baggage can be carried before a hunter has to drop everything to start over once more, whether it be a name change or a different phone number, and she just knew in her heart that the number had to be a dead end. It'd have to be insane if Sam kept the same number after years.

She also thought it was selfish to think he would keep it if she were to be the reason.

-

-

-

Sam sat at the edge of the mattress, cleaning off excess blood and guts that came from the werewolf fight as Quinn stood at the doorframe that stood between the kitchen and the small living room.

"What we do, it's dangerous." Sam looked over at the girl who was too timid to approach him any closer.

Dean and John were just down the street at the local diner, Dean probably wanting to play pool for some extra cash, and John grabbing a beer from the mini bar. Sam and Quinn stayed behind, both still stunned and recollecting the events that just passed them.