truth was, you weren't.

everytime you made plans with the gang, he would always cancel. you tried to text him but he never answered. invites were rejected and all of his focus was on his girlfriend, claudia.

but, being the kind person you are, you forgave finneas for each and every rejection and cancelation. you would probably do the same thing if you had a boyfriend but you didn't so you couldn't understand what he felt.

he always said that he would make up the time that was lost during your friendship. but he never did. he always said that he was too busy with his girlfriend and family that he didn't have any spare time but you always said that it was okay.

but the friendship was soon going to change in the next two days.

-

you invited finneas to a restaurant for dinner and you said that he could bring claudia along with him. so you waited outside the restaurant, you wanted for him to arrive but he never did.

you dialed his number but you were afraid to actually call him because you were sick of his voicemail that you heard almost everyday.

'hey, it's finneas! i'm probably busy right now so please leave a message after the beep and i'll come back to you shortly.'

you sighed and you just ended the call. you gave up and you went home.

the next day, you had barely gotten any sleep. you layed in bed with tears falling down your cheeks. you weren't heavily sobbing because that wasn't your type. you hugged one of your pillows and you didn't bother eating. you just wanted to die in a hole.

you heard a knock on the door but you didn't bother to get up. you just hoped that they'll leave and never come back ever again. but you were so wrong. the person just kept knocking on the door non stop so you got up and went to the door.

you opened it but immediately slammed the door shut when you saw the person behind the door.

"y/n, please."

"don't finneas, just go away." you say as calmly as you could.

"i swear, i was almost there and then claudia called me. she needed me." finneas says.

"but you promised me! you said that you'll miss it for the world! you're a liar!" you shout as tears angrily fall down your face.

"i'm really sorry y/n! i was almost there i promise!" he says desperately.

"you have a phone don't you? i called you a million times and texted you too many times to count and you never answered. what is wrong with you? am i not good enough anymore?!" you say. finneas tries to talk but you kept on going.

"i waited outside the restaurant like stupid person and you just never showed up! i even told you to bring claudia with you but like every single fucking time, you never came! i would always tell you that it was fine but it wasn't. and this hasn't just happened, this has happened everytime i would invite you to something. you avoid me like i'm the plague and i feel like that i'm not worthy to be your best friend anymore. you never listen to me but what's the point? i give up." you say as you crouch down and lean against the door.

"what? no, please y/n, don't do this to our friendship." finneas pleads.

"i haven't done anything to our friendship, it's you how's been wasting our time together. i'm so tired of your precious relationship and our friendship and i'm so tired of you. i'm really sorry but claudia is a really nice lady, she really is but i can't help but feel left out." you explain.

"i'm sorry." is all he says.

"you think one word is going to fix everything? because you thought wrong. i've been your best friend since we were four and look at us, we're 22 years old and your just throwing away our friendship just like that." you say.

"please don't leave me, i'm so sorry. i truly am." and you hear his voice crack at the end. you could tell that he was on the verge of breaking down.

"you have claudia and your family, especially billie. i don't have a purpose of being in your life anymore." you say plainly. you just wanted to die in a hole.

"it isn't going to be the same without you."

"it hasn't been the same since you started dating claudia."

it was silent for a while after what you had said but then you heard a key being inserted into the door. you stood up and ran to your bedroom. you locked the bedroom door and slid down it.

"y/n, open the door." finneas says.

"no."

"just open the door! let me solve our problems! please."

"i give up finneas. our friendship is over." you whisper but it was loud enough for finneas to hear.

"no. i refuse to let that happen. i'm not leaving until you open the door." you roll your eyes, knowing claudia would call him and he would leave.

you go on your phone and you see billie has texted you.

bil 🕷
i heard about your friendship with finneas and that it's falling apart, you okay?

you
no

bil 🕷
oh, don't worry, i'll whoop finneas' ass for you

you sit in the middle of your bed and then you just let it all out. maybe heavily sobbing was your type because you were at it for hours.

after your breakdown, you stood up to go to the toilet because damn you needed to pee. you opened the door and finneas fell flat on his back onto the floor.

"holy shit finneas, what are you still doing here?" you say.

"i said that i wouldn't leave until i solve our problems." finneas says.

"i solved them by ending our friendship, so now you can leave and never come back ever again." you say and you close the door but finneas but his foot in the doorway to stop it from closing.

"i want to solve them properly." he says with a serious tone.

"what about claudia? she needs you." you say.

"she can wait." and that's what you were waiting for. for him to make time for you so you embraced him in a hug.

"that's what i've been waiting for. not an apology, you making time for me." you say and finneas hugs you back.

"i'm really sorry y/n, for everything." he whispers.

"it's okay finneas. i would understand if i had a boyfriend but i don't so..." you say and he laughs.

"i've missed you, so much." he says and you hug him back.

"the feelings mutual."

btw i do not hate claudia in anyway, she is the sweetest female person i've ever seen besides billie and my mum :)