drugin' | forty two.

Start from the beginning

"Who ass you finna kick?" Shooter asked near her ear to hear over the music

Shantey moved her eyes off the two and looked at Shooter. "I'm good."

"C'mon now. I been knowin' you long enough to know when you finna go off."

"Oh you care?" Shantey scoffed, "the fuck away from Shooter." Grabbing the empty plate with only bones remaining, she stood from the table and walked away to toss them in the trash.

"What I do?!" Shooter asked with his arms open questionably.

"C'mon," Dave grabbed her hand, "they want a picture with us."

"Not." Shantey says politely removing her hand from his.

"Ion' know what yo issue is but fuckin' relax and bring yo' ass on." Gritting out, he discreetly snatched her towards him and walked them to the photographer.

All of the pictures Shantey forced herself to smile in a way of convincing the one's that would see the pictures that she was happy. But in reality, all she wanted to do was fight. She hated the fact he could sit in her face and smile as if he didn't pull what he did where the whole world could see with no explanation or anything. He just proceeded to live life while she wanted to rip his heart of his chest.

But refused to embarrass herself confronting him. She would let him continue turning up for his album release party and not ruin his night. But when they leave, oh it's on.

Once the photographer turned away, Shantey pushed his hands from his waist and start walking away. He tried grabbing her arm to prevent her from walking any further, but she moved her arm away. Nas approached Dave when she was on the other side of the room and didn't miss the action happening. "Everything aight?"

Dave eyed her from across the room having a conversation with a woman for a second before saying, "Pregnancy hormones man. She always mad at sumin'. But we gotta hour left in dis bitch. We lit."

Before long, a hour was over and album release is over around one in the morning. Shantey was already sitting in the sprinter van near a window, watching the crowd of people walk the sidewalk and cars breeze by. Her short silence is killed by Dave and his crew getting in the sprinter, loud and drunk. When she removed her crossover bag from her body, Dave plopped down on the spot beside her.

"Mama!" He leaned over, trying to kiss her which she dodged by turning her head to sit her bag on side of her. Sucking his teeth, he moved his head back. "Why you buggin'?"

"I'm buggin?" Shantey chuckled, facing him while pushing tresses of her hair behind her ears. Both pair of eyes held deep eye contact.

The sprinter pulling off caused their bodies to jerk to slightly.

"You been all damn day."

"Have yo dumb-ass ever just wondered why I'm trippin?"

"Ion read minds."