"i would be doing that, if i wasn't so exited over what i hope will come next," harvey admitted, some confidence to his tone.

thoughts began to race through stella's head. did he already have his eyes on another girl? she felt her heart wince as she looked at the boy she had dreamed about for weeks on end, the though of him getting with another girl saddening her once again.

"oh," she replied, completely unsure as to what she was expected to reply.

the pair just sat for a moment. gazing out into each others eyes, searching for anything one another may be hiding. stella began to study his face. his perfectly brown head of hair that fell so effortlessly across his forehead, just about greeting his eyebrows. and his eyes, those damned eyes and their hazel tint. they were the type of eyes you could see from a mile away and still quite easily get lost into. and she was lost.
she was lost in a sea of her own feelings and butterflies, all floating around and consuming her whole. her heart rate increased, beating so quickly she wouldn't be surprised if harvey could hear it pumping. something about him being sat right in front of her made her feel something she never had before. a sickly feeling in the pit of her stomach. she liked him, a lot, but she was almost certain she could never have him.

harvey decided it was time to break the comfortable silence, "can i just say something really quick?"

stella nodded, snapping out of her daze.

"okay," harvey paused. he knew what he wanted to say but didn't know how to say it, which is something that had never happened to him before. he was tongue tied.

stella looked at him contently, waiting for him to continue.

"it's just....okay i'm just going to say it," he prepared, taking a deep breath in and then back out again, "okay i like you, and i'm pretty sure you feel the same way..and you know, i want this to work," he continued, gesturing his index finger between the two of them, "i mean i hope it can work. i hope we can work."

stella froze. she sat staring at the boys plump lips as the words flowed from them like water spilling from a dam. she wasn't sure if it was her excitement upon hearing the words she had desperately wanted to come from his mouth to finally be out in the open, or her heart pushing her to do something for herself for once. perhaps it was both, combined with her feelings getting the best of her. she didn't expect the boy who had denied her love from the beginning to actually feel the same way. she was ecstatic. her heart was doing somersaults.

"well, say something," harvey said, his nerves detectable in his tone.

and so, i'm that very moment, her heart took over. she did the most out of character thing she had done in her whole life. she did was she desired.

she kissed him.

harvey was shocked, yet he allowed their lips to move slowly together. harvey wasn't one hundred percent sure, but he was almost certain this was her first kiss and so wanted it to be special. he moved his hand onto stella's cheek, deepening their kiss.

stella moved her lips against his and followed his lead, allowing herself to completely indulge in the moment.

harvey kissed her sweet lips one last time, before pulling away from their lip-lock and placing his forehead against hers, opening his eyes to look at her perfectly structured face.

stella inhaled, unaware of how badly her lungs were burning for oxygen until she did so. she opened her eyes and looked at his pillowy plump lips, puckered and red.

"was that your first kiss?" harvey asked.

stella nodded against his forehead, slightly embarrassed to admit it.

"was it good?" he asked again.

with hesitation and further embarrassment , stella nodded again, earning a slight chuckle from harvey.

the pair pulled apart, stella looking down at the ground and harvey looking at her.

"i'm guessing that wasn't your first kiss then?" stella asked, already aware of the answer.

"no, but it's the first one i've been looking forward to," harvey admitted, smirking as the girl regained eye contact with him.

"what do you mean by that?"

"look stella, i've had some pretty questionable girlfriends in my past but you're so different from all of them that i was scared to like you, hence my stupid fucking decision to get back with jessica. but you're a good different, refreshing. and i really really like you."

stella smiled, feeling complete and utter bliss in that moment, "i really like you too, like really really."

harvey took her hands in his and smiled.

everything was perfect.