Chapter 33: Riots and Getting out

Start from the beginning

He stood up and took a fighting stance. "If you take one step closer, you'll see just how 'okay' I am." He threatened.

"Dad, it's me." The guard lifted his visor, showing his blue eyes.

Hakoda instantly knew who those eyes belonged to. "Sokka, my son," He cried, hugging his son, who had taken off the helmet. "You know Sokka, you should be more careful with that guard outfit on. I almost punched you in the gut."

"Yeah, I ran into that problem earlier." His son admitted sheepishly.

(Location: Naruto)

"AARGH!" Naruto shouted mentally. "That hurts!" He was laying on his slab of a bed, hoping the metal would help cool his back, even if a little. But it didn't, leaving him in a lot of pain.

"Well, of course it's going to hurt." The Kyūbi said. "You were whipped on your back with fire. Be glad I began helping your healing rate right after the whipping."

"Well, it still hurts."

"I just dulled the pain, I didn't kill it completely. I think we both know you would rather deal with the dull pain rather than the full amount."

He didn't say anything. He just lay on his back. When he heard the door to his cell opening, he turned his eyes onto it. "What have I done now? Did I fart in the warden's general direction and he didn't like it?" He asked the guard. The guard didn't say anything. He just stood at the door, looking at him. "Please tell me they did not send a mute guard here to annoy me." Again, the guard didn't say anything. He walked over to the bedding and knelt beside it. Then, to his surprise, the guard kissed him fiercely on the lips. He then realized that this he was a she. And he knew this particular she, which was why after a stunned moment, he returned the kiss. "Hello, Azula." He greeted her after they broke away.

"How could you tell?" She asked.

"You were the one who kissed me." He told her pointedly with a weak smile. "I don't think I could forget those lips."

(Location: The warden)

He stood in front of a door. Opening it, he walked into the room. Chit Sang was bound to a chair. "Are you comfortable, Chit Sang?" He asked the prisoner.

"If you're trying to get me to talk, forget it!" Chit Sang told him hotly. "I'm not a squealer!"

He walked past the chair. "Chit Sang, I only ask you if you were comfortable."

"Well, yeah, actually I am pretty comfortable." That got him kicked to the ground.

"Are you still comfortable?" The warden asked him.

"No."

"I know you and your cronies are not smart enough to come up with that little escape plan. So you're going to tell me who is." He walked out of the cell, leaving Chit Sang alone with two guards.

(Location: Hakoda's cell)

"So, where's Bato?" Sokka asked his father as he doubled checked the silt in the door, making sure they were alone. "Where's everyone else from the invasion?"

"The others are being held at a prison near the Fire Nation palace." Hakoda told him as he sat down against the wall. "They singled me out as their leader and sent me here. But before I left, I met some young women who said they knew you, the...Oshinama Fighters?"

"You mean the Kyoshi Warriors?" He asked for clarification.

"That's right."

He brightened up when he heard that. "Their leader Suki is hear and she gonna escape with us."