'Yo,' Bruce booms, 'Snow White, you done?'

As I walked to my office I grumbled under my breath about how much of a big fur ball his is and about how he should fuck off. That only made Bruce give out a wolfish laugh.

Sighing, I leaned back into my chair. I've been going over some paper work based on patrols and things Alphas usually have to do. But all day my mind kept skipping back to that Vincent vamp. He was gorgeous. Yet no words could explain how I felt about him. Maybe, confusion? Affection? Longing? There were many more unhidden feelings. He seemed familiar to me, and not at the same time. I wanted to kiss him, to feel his skin beneath my fingers. But those feelings were forbidden because vampires and werewolves just don't go.

I need a distraction, 'cause if I didn't then I would probably destroy something, so I hit up Bruce. 'Bruce, I'm going to the pack house, wanna come?'

'Yeah, let's go.'

The pack house isn't very far from where I live, it's about ten minutes away. I wanted to live close but not too close. In a pack Alphas usually stay in the pack house to make the bonds between them stronger, but I'm not any ordinary Alpha, though. We're different, and that difference makes us become untouchable in strength.

"Alpha Ronnie, it's a pleasant surprise to see you," Matilda, one of the pack caretakers, beams, slightly bowing in respect. Caretakers are the people who watch over our people and ensure that the houses are running smoothly.

"It's good—"

"Afa!" a little voice yelled, cutting my sentence short. I laughed and looked down to see Suzy. She was one of the young wolf pups around here. Only at two years old but very smart.

"Hello Suzy."

"Bu?"

"Bruce is outside with the other little ones. Go on, he's waiting for you." Suzy squealed and stumbled outside on her two small feet.

"Come Alpha, the woman are in the kitchen cooking."

"And where are the men?"

"They're outside fixing the fence."

"Sorry, I'm going to go help the men. They most definitely need it. But next time for sure."

"The ladies wanted to talk with you." Matilda's face fell.

"Fine," I gave in on an exhale.

Smiling, she pulled me towards a very loud kitchen. I cursed myself for my choice. When the ladies want to get loud, they get loud.

"Good morning." They all properly bowed and we all jumped straight into conversation.

"So, Ellie, have you had sex yet?"

My eyes widened at the sudden bluntness. Everyone burst into rounds of laughter at my expression. Linda, Carry, Crystal, Rosie, and Delilah sat quietly waiting for my answer. I sighed while running a hand down my face.

"Nope."

"Why?"

"Because I'm a virgin."

"That's bad," Crystal mumbled.

"What?"

"Soon you'll be in Heat," Rosie said in a matter of fact tone.

"I'm just gonna go." Not wanting to hear their comebacks I sped out of the room without stopping.

Once they sensed my presence they bowed.

"Thank you for helping with the fence."

"It's no problem, Ellie. We're glad to help."