Chapter 12: Lukas Bosak

Start from the beginning

Lukas: If he's up there, maybe we should look for an alternate route. Maybe getting off this island for one and seeing your sister and Juila.

It was hard not to tell Lukas about Tomaz working on the helicopter, but the plan would be in danger since the All Father could hear them if they spoke a word.

Ela: Lukas, you saw what happened to Justyn, right? Lena is dead too, and who knows how many others are dead too, all while he's up there watching our every move. If we don't do something soon, we'll all end up like those things, so if that's where he is. I'm going there.

Lukas: Jesus....you and Zofia. There's no arguing a Bosak is there? But if he's really up there and were really going after her like that. I mean isn't he going to see us?

Lukas made a valid point, but if the duo decided not to go after the unseen man, then then there only option was to run away, and there was no guarantee that they would be able to find a way off the island. More monsters like Justyn and the ones back at the prison could have been hiding all over the island just wanting for humans to come walking by, but the All Father could have more at the tower too, so there was just no knowing which way is safer. So what would they going to do?

Ela: I got it. When me and Zo would fight over something, we flip a coin, so.....you have one on you?

Lukas searched through his pockets, but came up empty, and there was nothing nearby that could be easily flipped, so the young Bosak came up with a new solution. Reaching down and picking up a small pebble, she put it in one of her hands that he couldn't see which one, then she held out both to Lukas. If he picked the empty hand, then they would forget the tower and get the hell out of here, but if he picks the pebble, then the two of them would go and try to confront the All Father.

A small part of Ela wanted him to pick the empty hand, but she was glad when it was that appeared after the choice was made. Ok, so she and Lukas were going to storm the strange tower on top of the tall building, just the two of them, and go after the unseen man who probably had the whole place booby-trapped if not filled with those monsters. Ela prayed he didn't have another lake monster. She really hated that thing. 

Lukas: All right let's get going then, if  were storming that tower then we'll need to get there first.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Even though there still a few hours of daylight left, the abandoned cityscape was somehow even more creepier than the prison and the fishing village, especially the signs of that people were living here....but nobody was around. It was like the whole place had been abandoned and left to rot away like what happened to Chernobyl when Ela studied it back in school when she was a kid. Now that Lukas was here to back her up, she was feeling a bit better with her odds, not that this was any reason to relax.

What happened to the place, the woman wondered as they walked past abandoned cars on was probably once a main road? The vehicles that were just left there with driverside doors open like the owners had ran away, were older models that were back in the 80's, but there condition showed they hadn't been used in a very long time....then again, after the fall of the Soviet Union parts of the world that used to be USSR territory seemed to be cursed with always being behind the times.