Chapter 1: Falling Down

"Dad, you have to go now! You're going to be late!" A petite 18 year old brunette half-shouted at her father. Coffee colored eyes watched as the black haired man went back and forth from their kitchen to the living room. If one was going to observe, they would notice that Luna Specchio looked so worried. In reality, she was simply excited to not feel boredom creeping into her.

"Okay! I'm going!" Her father, Alfendi Specchio, huffed as he picked up his car keys.

"Might want to bring this." Luna chirped as her father put on his shoes. After tying his black shoes, he stood up and took another set of keys from her.

"See you tomorrow, little one." He lovingly kissed her forehead then looked at the older brunette found in the kitchen cooking. "I'll be going, Canaria."

Alfendi didn't receive a reply or anything from his wife. He sadly nodded to himself and exited their flat. Luna frowned. Her parents weren't talking to each other again. She glanced at the time and her eyes almost fell from their sockets as it widened in surprise.

"The show!" She screamed as she sprinted towards the sofa. The young brunette immediately turned the television on and began to change the channel.

"Eat your lunch first." Canaria chided and crossed her arms.

"Can we keep the telly on? Please?" The teen begged while trudging her way to get a bowl from the kitchen and leaving the television on.

"Studies show that you're gonna get fat while watching the telly, dear." Her mother stated to which the young brunette scowled.

"I don't get fat. I'm practically like you!" Luna argued while dumping rice into her bowl.

"I have to go and do some shopping. I am bringing my keys with me so go wild around the place and surprise me with what you are doing when I get back." The older female smiled as she turned the television off to her daughter's disappointment. She picked up her bag and left their unit.

"Is she gone?" Luna mumbled to herself, slowly standing up from her seat in the dining area. She grinned and raced her way to turn the television on. The flat screen turned to life and the door creaked. She slowly turned her head to look at the front door and saw her mother.

"You might get fat, dearie." Canaria teased as she got her coat from the hanger.

"Just shop!" The young Specchio screamed while throwing a fluffy pillow to the direction of the door. It only hit the door as her mother closed it. Luna huffed as she picked the pillow and dumped it at the sofa while grabbing the remote. Her mother loved teasing her and it pissed her.

"When I saw him, I knew that I never stopped hating every single part of him." The character in the screen spat to her friend. Luna quickly finished her food. She didn't know why but she was always fast in terms of eating her food even though it came in large quantities.

"Get over it." Luna said as if the character would be able to hear her voice. She washed the dishes then threw herself to the sofa. Suddenly, there wasn't a single entertaining show airing. She sighed. There was the option of singing and playing games but she wasn't in the mood. She was close to boredom and she hated it. So, Luna decided to read a book in her room.

Luna's room was special if she was to be asked. Her room was winter themed. The ceiling was painted to look like the starry sky. Her favorite part was the only spring themed nook. It was a window seat with pastel pink and green pillows. There were empty shelves on the left side of the nook. A round powder blue mat was placed at the center of the room with a low coffee table on it.

"What to read?" Luna whispered to herself while her fingers flitted across the lined books in her bookshelf. She finally picked one then plopped herself down the nook. The coffee table was a good place for reading but she loved her nook so much that she would spend most of her time there. The brunette opened the book and started diving into the story, continuing where she left off.

It was books that made her tap into her emotions and imaginations the most. Those times that a suspense part comes and Luna has to turn the page made her hold her breath in anticipation. The love stories made her giddy. Tragedies gave her a heavy feeling. It doesn't matter if she felt varying emotions in one book. She believed that having the capability to feel is proof that she's human.

The time passed by like it was nothing. Luna was so absorbed by the book that seemed to be singing a lullaby to her; soothing her to fall asleep so she can dream about it. Her eyes closed and the book fell from her hands then landed at the ground with a small 'thump'. Unconsciously, the brunette smiled as she was pulled to the depths of her dreams.

And Luna did not notice herself at all slipping through the darkness that leads to the world of imaginations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: (Update A/N 7/23/15) I wrote this last last year and this is the first time I have decided to really finish a book. I plan on writing until the end and that will be the time I'll read it and do a rewrite for this book.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter no matter how short it is. Reviews, comments, violent or good reactions, suggestions, criticisms, votes, and etc. are very much welcome. :D

And the first two chapters, I dedicate to my wonderful supportive friends, IAmARiddle and unsaid-things, who brought me back to wattpad. :)

See ya in the next chapters~! :D

~Lacie