The Devil's Waltz (II)

Start from the beginning

And then we dance.

At first we were dancing with a tension around us, but then I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine and everything else just...disapperead. The nerves were just gone.

I let go of my dress and place my hand behind his back just below his neck. I feel his hand going a couple of inches up on my back making him pull me even closer together. It was like we have been dancing together for years. We both knew where the other one was to go before we were ever there. I never felt this kind of connection with anyone before.

I move my hand to his shoulder, and right now we were dancing as close as we could be in a waltz

I move my hand to his shoulder, and right now we were dancing as close as we could be in a waltz. I could feel his breath mingling with my own, and his scent surounding me completely.  And then for a split moment, I saw him as he was before. Vlad and I was Ilona. In that moment it was just the two of us. There was nobody else in the room. He gently moves the hand on my waist to my shoulder. Unsconsciously I move my hand to his neck feeling his tiny strands of hair between my fingers, and he moves his to mine.

 Unsconsciously I move my hand to his neck feeling his tiny strands of hair between my fingers, and he moves his to mine

The connection between us was so intense, I couldn't look away even if I wanted too. But the connection is broken when Jonathan decides to cut in placing his hand on Alexander's shoulder.

"May I cut in?" he asks with a look in his eyes I could tell right away it was jealousy.

Mr.Grayson doesn't say anything he just leaves the room and frankly I wanted to do that as well. I try to control my beating heart who was now beating as fast as one of a bird.

Jonathan looks at me but I had neither the patience or the will to talk to him right now.

"Excuse me. I need some air." I tell him wanting to get as far away from here as possible. I needed to be alone. I needed to think.

I step outside and ask for a carriage to drive me home. I am quickly joined by Jonathan.

"Is he the reason why you don't want me anymore?" Jonathan asks frustrated

"Don't be ridiculous Jonathan. You know very well why we are not together anymore, and that is entirely your fault, not his."

"Don't lie to me Mina. I saw, everyone saw. The way you..."

"What is it that you want me say Jonathan?" I ask him frustrated turning to look him in the eyes

"Tell me that you still love me!" he says grabbing my arms harshly "Tell me that you will give me another chance!" he begs

"I'm sorry Jonathan, but I don't love you. Not anymore." I tell him tired of arguing with him about this.

He lets go of my arms and stumbles back as if I had just hit him. He runs his hand trough his hair conflicted.

"You love him, don't you?"

"You're drunk Jonathan." I say tired "Go home."

My carriage arrives and I am thankfull for it, for it allows me to escape from him before we both say anything else that we might regret later.

When I arrive home I am quick to take of my dress and prepare myself for bed. As I lay in bed the moment of our dance plays in my mind over and over again. 

Suffice to say, that night I fell asleep with a smile and his name on my lips.

That's it for this chapter! Believe it or not it did take me a while to right it but I managed to do it in the end. I hope you are liking the course of story- If you are familiar with the tv show you might noice the big changes I did and some of the smaller ones. I hope you liked them.

Please, don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!